seven

↠↠↠

↠↠↠

DETENTION WAS AWFUL TO SAY THE LEAST. Olivia was slouched over in her chair as she heard the painful tick of the clock to her right, the only source of sound that she could hear since most of school was out. It was kind of creepy seeing the school hallways abandoned, no kids at their lockers chatting with their friends, and no somewhat gleeful laughing echoing throughout the halls. To pass the time, she had been completing her homework one subject at a time, frying her already dead brain.

Her math teacher sat at her desk, grading a stack of papers while she glanced up once in a while to see Olivia's horrid posture as she did her own homework. She had been sitting in the same chair for already an hour, and didn't even know what time detention ended, but she really didn't want to ask.

Every now and then, she would hear this buzzing sound around her, or a printer printing, but she could never find the source. It was starting to drive her insane as she heard the same annoying buzzing that only seemed to become gradually louder. She would always look around the room to see a printer printing, but there wasn't a printer in the classroom. Physically shaking her head to try and get rid of the sounds, her teachers head popped up, looking at her confused as to what she was doing.

"Something wrong Mrs.Flynn?" She asked, pursing her lips.

The girl stopped shaking her head and suddenly the noises subsided around her like they were never there in the first place. "No, everything's fine." She paused before going on, "When does detention get out?"

Her math teacher looked up at the clock and then outside of the window, seeing the sun almost setting. Looking back at the tired girl before her, she sighed, "Now," She responded, "You can leave Olivia, but I hope this doesn't happen again." Her tone serving almost as a warning.

The Flynn let out a sigh of relief that she could finally leave this god awful place and she wasted no time by stuffing her papers in her bag and said a quick 'bye' and 'goodnight' then scurrying out.

It then occurred to her as she got out of the building that she had no ride to get home and internally groaned at the thought of walking all the way home. But she didn't want to wait too long until the sun was all the way set, leaving her to walk home alone in the dark, which she would not love to do. So, she hurried off down the road that she had been on multiple times toward the McCall residence.

Somehow she ended up walking home alone in the dark with no street lamps around. It was not ideal to be alone while roaming the streets after dark, so she was on full alert as she continued down the sidewalk where she could only hear her own footsteps echo behind her. The moon was starting to rise, now visible to the brunette walking at a fast pace, light periodically shining down on her.

A feeling then overwhelmed her. Olivia halted dead in her tracks, feeling a presence nearby or someone close. She was always paranoid about walking alone at night, but who wouldn't be? But this time was different as she felt her blood run cold, instinics flaring up as if it was trying to tell her that something was off.