fourteen

↠↠↠

↠↠↠

OLIVIA WAS 100% CORRECT WHEN SHE EXPECTED A LECTURE FROM SCOTT ABOUT SEARCHING UP THE DEFINITION OF 'BED REST'. When she came home after dark with blood stained ears, she got more than just a lecture. Scott was tired from his previously interesting day so when he came home to find a sticky note stuck onto the fridge along with an empty house, he was too exhausted to even comprehend the fact that Olivia ignored his doctor orders again.

After receiving a stern talking to that consisted of being handed a dictionary, Olivia trudged up the stairs that lead to her bedroom and passed out, her too being exhausted from her interesting day as well.

And what topped it all off was the fact that she had PSAT's tomorrow morning, bright and early.

It wasn't that she wasn't confident in her intelligence, no, she was actually quite confident that she would do well. It was just that she had more pressing issues than a stupid test. Maybe like the fact that her name wasn't on the last part of the list.

like I said, more pressing matters.

She would rather be on the list and know if there were people after her, but this...it made her feel uneasy.

Uneasy in a sense of what made her an exception? There has got to be some sort of reason that she was being excluded because she knew for a damn fact that she's supernatural, especially after the events of last night.

Olivia rolled onto her side.

Then she fell asleep.

With no alarm.

↠↠↠

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

She groaned.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

"My god, shut up-" Reaching behind her where her phone buzzed against her back, Olivia lifted the damn screen to her face and then jumped out of her skin. "What the fuck!"

It was half past eight, almost nine.

The test starts at nine.

A million things ran through her mind in that single moment. Not only was she now on a time crunch, but she did not have a ride. That means she would have to walk-- no, bolt to the school and that normally took about fifteen minutes.

"Shit, shit, shit-" Olivia popped off her bed and took one look in the mirror which probably wasn't the best idea. She looked like a total mess. Her hair was the definition of a rat's nest, the dried blood was still around her ears, and she was still wearing her clothes from last night.

With no hesitation, she sprinted to the bathroom and desperately tried to wash the blood off of her ears. She could probably walk into school like this, maybe just tie up her hair so it wasn't that noticeable, but the blood had to go.