Chapter 18

The next morning I couldn't find Revna, I started panicking. Where was she? Where did she go? Rushing outside I immediately relaxed as I saw Freia introducing Revna to Indigo.

"You could have woken me up."

"You need rest. You can't put to much strain on the baby."

Rolling my eyes at Freia I walk up towards Indigo and smiled.

"How's your sister?" She looked away with a saddened look making my heart drop.

"Dead. The medicine helped a little but just as I thought she was getting better she was dead the next day."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could have been there for you." All she did was shrug.

"Freia tells me you need my help with this little one?"

"Yes. Indigo this is Revna, my daughter. I bought her from the slave trader. Apparently she's a hybrid. I was wondering if you knew of any hacks for her thirst for blood?"

"Hacks?"

Right. She hasn't learned that word yet.

"Do you know of anyway to help her with her thirst for blood?"

"If I knew I would tell you. But unfortunately the hunger for blood doesn't go away."

Looking back at Freia I soon realized she wasn't here anymore making me talk a bit more about where I come from.

Who knows what Freia would do if she found out I was from a different time.

"That's strange. Back in my time when we would hang out a lot and never once have I seen you drink blood or kill any human."

"I have the power to make you forget. It's quite possible I used it on you a few times."

"Still. You can't use it all the time can you? I mean when your around you always seem to be drinking tomato juice."

I practically gag at the word making her arch an eyebrow curiously.

"Tomato juice?"

Come to think of it I haven't really seen many fruits or vegetables around here. Seeing Hunter not to far I call for her.

I didn't like how she stayed clear from Revna. She was starting to piss me off. Shouldn't she know how Revna feels? After all she's being discriminated as well.

"Yes Brianna?"

"Do you know if the village carries Tomato?"

"No. We mostly eat bread and meat here."

Figures.

"But I'm sure someone in the village might know where to get some."

Walking around the village with Revna as Indigo stayed behind I asked anyone and everyone about tomato's. I was about to give up until an old lady pulled some out of her bag smiling kindly at me.

"Thank you! Where might I find more?"

"You can find them just beyond the mountain. They grow just passed the riverside. There mostly small but if your lucky you might come across a big one."

"Thank you! I appreciate it. If I ever go pick some I'll be sure to bring you some."

"Thank you."

I smiled as I led Revna back to Indigo who was leaning up against the tree with an emotionless look on her face.

I wanted to help her.

"Please tell me your hungry." I ask her with a cheeky grin on my face."

"I'm always hungry. After all I don't feed on the living. I made a promise to my sister that I wouldn't kill the innocent."

"Here, Try this." I give her the tomato.

At first she was hesitant but as she took a small bite she begin to devour it.

"It's good. My hunger for blood has diminished a lot. How?"

"Heh. I couldn't tell you. But I only just now remembered how much you loved drinking it back In my time. Your fast right?"

"Pfff am I fast?"

I give her a dumbfounded look making her shake her head as she zoomed all around me. She was nothing but a blur.

"Of course I'm fast! Shouldn't you know this already if you say your my friend from the future?"

"You would think. But truth be told I didn't even know you where a vampire before I came here. I did mention that before after all. Anyway the women I got this tomato from said they grow just beyond the mountain a little passed the river. Do you think you could pick some for us? I would be really thankful. Sense it's quite possible that it will help with Revna's thirst for blood if it helped you."

"Sure. I can make a few trips. If they have seeds maybe you could grow them here?"

"That would be great! Thank you Indigo!"

She shrugged as she walked away.

"Wait!" Revna suddenly called out.

"C-Can you teach me how to run fast? That was so cool! And if I'm really part vampire like you then maybe you would be able to help me rather then my mother."

My heart sunk a little. Although she wasn't wrong I just liked helping her.

"That's all up to your mom kid." Indigo said calmly.

Revna gave me her best puppy dog eyes making me immediately give in.

"Fine. If Indigo is up for it maybe she could take you under her wing twice a week."

They looked at me like I grew two heads.

"Um. Twice- oh forget it. Indigo whenever you feel up to it you can go ahead and teach her everything you know."

"Well, I'm free now. Maybe she could come along my journey with me?"

"I-"

"Please mom! Please! I promise I'll do whatever Indigo asks of me! If I can become stronger like her then maybe Freia would come to like me more!"

My heart melted. She wanted to become strong to impress Freia. That might become good or bad.

After all If Hunter chose to she could become strong if she wanted to and take Freia's thrown but since she doesn't know that she lets everyone beat her down. If Freia saw Revna become stronger and stronger what will she do? But as I look into her hopeful green eyes I gave in.

"Fine fine. But you better do what Indigo says. One bad report and I'll have to punish you."

She gave me a tight hug making me smile. Watching her walk away with Indigo brought me worry. But somehow I just knew they would be ok.