Chapter 1

With my eyes covered I was forced onto my knees with my hands bound, my heart was pounding a million miles per minute. I didn't know where I was but when I saw her I was even more confused. Why was she here? Indigo the person who I'd thought was my best friend completely ignored me as the savages bound and gagged me.

Flashback

"They say that there's a heart shaped stone that lies somewhere deep in the woods. I was thinking that maybe this weekend you and I could go camping and make an adventure out of it?" Indigo said with a small glint in her eyes.

Indigo and I had been friends since my freshman year of high school. Where seniors now and graduation was just a month away.

"Really indigo? Do you honestly think that a person like me would be caught hiking in the middle of the woods for a silly Little Rock?" I told her as I shoved the last bite of my sandwich in my mouth making her pout.

"Come on. It's said that if you find it it's sure to make your wishes come true."

"And what's your wish?"

"To be with you." She spoke calmly making me blush. I knew about her feelings towards me. She had given me hints throughout our years of high school. The thing is I don't know if I actually like her in that way. And if we where to try to date test the waters and all would fail... I just- I don't want to loose her.

And yet as I stared into her purple eyes I could feel my heart beat faster and faster.

Shaking my head I once again tell her no.

"Nope. Sorry. The woods and I just don't mix well." She chuckled as she drank her tomato juice making my nose scrunch up in disgust as she spoke.

"You mean the bugs don't agree with you. Look I promise that if any bugs get near you or into our tent I will deal with them personally."

The look of hope in her eyes made me sigh...

"FIIINNEE. You know I never thought to ask this but why do you drink that disgusting drink."  She gave me a puzzled look as she scooted the drink towards me making me scoot it back towards her.

"I dare you to try it. $5 you can't drink all of it." She started making me bite the inside of my cheek as I grasped her drink in my hand and chugged the rest of it down. I practically gagged as I drank the rest of my strawberry milk I got from the cafeteria.

Gasping as I slam my milk box on the table I give her a cheeky grin while holding my hand out towards her.

"Come on, pay up!" She rolled her eyes and for a second I could have sworn that her eyes had turned pink. But that could have been the lighting from the windows.

"Time skip"

As Indigo and I walked through the woods I couldn't help but admire the color changes of the leaves. It was just so pretty. As we continued walking for well over 20 minutes I could hear the sounds of running water. And as we got closer to the sound I could see a large river bend that reminded me of the river from Pocahontas.

I watched Indigo drop her large bag as she stretched her her arms. Assuming this is where we would be camping out for the night I drop my bag.

"How did you come to find this place?"

"I've been in and out of this town along time Bree. You could say I know my way around these woods. Are you hungry? We still got a ways to go."

"Wait. Where not camping here?"