chapter XII

"You want me to do what?"

 Back at the cafe, Charlotte was wondering if she made the right choice by accepting what Crowley, the King of Hell, offered her.

 "Be a crossroad demon," Crowley stated again.

 "The demon's that make deals and seal it with a kiss?" asked Charlotte, disappointed with the job he was anointing her.

 "I'm glad you already know the job description, sweetheart. Why so disappointed?"

 "I don't get to do much action there."

 "Can't jump right into things. Once you get the hang of it you can become promoted. Who knows, maybe even work alongside yours truly."

 Charlotte rolled her eyes and took of a sip of her now getting cold coffee. She shouldn't be complaining since this was the new lifestyle she chose. Growing up, she always thought the abilities of demons were enthralling, yet kept this fascination a secret from those around her.

 After taking a last sip of the coffee and meeting Crowley's dark eyes, a thought struck her.

 "What kind...what kind of abilities did Sam have?" Charlotte questioned, bitterly enunciating her father's name.

 Crowley's eyebrows rose, causing creases on his forehead at the mention of the younger Winchester.

 "Oh, moose? He could send demons to hell with his mind, which was very unnecessary for me. He drank demon blood to power him up, then went "loco" afterwards."

 "Will I go "loco"?"

 The King gave her a look of absolute absurdity.

 "Not under me. I will be your teacher," Crowley said. His knowledge dominated Ruby's, a demon who taught Sam Winchester, who thought she would get a great reward in the assistance of making Lucifer rise. Her immediate death afterwards was not on her agenda, though.

 "Wow, I feel so special," Charlotte said sarcastically, yet truly feeling more and more intrigued with what her new lifestyle has to offer.

 "You should. So, getting to business, I'll set you up on a crossroad. All you have to do is ask why they summoned you, make the deal and seal it with a kiss, and there, another soul for me. Now let's get going, before those morons actually find a way to track you."

 With a smile, Charlotte nodded her head. In a matter of seconds, both occupants of the table had disappeared.

 The waitress made her way to the booth, bill in her hand, smiling. Her eyebrows furrowed and her smile wilted as she approached it, noticing the absence of those who once sat there. She looked out the window in an attempt to see if they performed a dine and ditch. Yet, her only view was the vast road that pulled into the diner and that continued on.

-Author's note-

Hi! For a while chapters will become a bit shorter. After everything comes in place I will try to make them longer. For now, the perspectives are split up between Charlotte's and the men trying to locate her. I hope you enjoy and thank you thank you all so much for reading. My goal is for you to enjoy what I offer you!