chapter VIII

By now, Charlotte was clean and changed. She sat in Bobby's office with the three men she wasn't sure she should trust.

 "Why didn't you tell me?" She repeated. The men looked at each other warily before looking at her. Charlotte refused to look at her dad, and she made sure to give him discomfort with this.

 "We didn't want you to know," Bobby simply said, hoping that was all he needed to say to get out of the situation.

 "Please, you guys know that I would have found out. Why didn't you tell me before?"

 The eldest men looked toward the youngest, who really was the only one that could explain. Afterall, she was his daughter.

 As he began to speak, Charlotte looked down and inspected her fingers, noticing a bit of dry blood left.

 "We didn't want you to use it to your advantage."

 This isn't mine.

"They're dangerous powers."

 Is this Miss Jodie's? Ugh.

"You're probably the last of Azazel's intended army."

 Maybe if I rub on it it'll come off.

"Now that the demons have found out, they're probably going to try to find you again and take you as their own."

 This is beginning to hurt.

"Charlotte, are you listening?"

 Charlotte stopped rubbing on her now red fingers. She dared herself to look into the eyes of her father.

 "What if I want to be one of them?" She bravely said, mounting up all the courage she had. She simply said it out of anger, yet once she realized what she said, she was beginning to think about it in its true depth.

 Dean was the one to speak up this time.

 "Excuse me? One of them? They're black eyed monsters that are miserable. If you decide to become one of them, I'll kill you myself."

 "OK Dean, stop," Sam piped in. The anger radiating in the room made him uncomfortable.

"Well I'm definitely not human, so what the hell? You know, the other day I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes went black. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me but now I know. This could be fun."

 "Charlotte, you're not going to be one of them," Sam said, assuming his father role.

 "Out of all people, you think you can control me? I will never call you my father. I will never see you as my father. So stop thinking you could act like one now."

 "Stop being a little brat," the oldest in the room said. That was enough to shut her up. "You may not see Sam as your father, but I sure as hell should be seen as one.  know what's best for you. For now on your room is downstairs. You won't see be going to public school. And don't even think that you can escape from this."

 "You're putting me in the panic room? This is so ridiculous! OK, fine I won't-"

"Sorry, Lottie."

 Charlotte was knocked out cold by Dean and a book he found.

 "You could have at least let her finish talking," Sam said, astonished by his brother's actions.

 "You know she was just lying. Now, help me haul her downstairs."

 Charlotte awoke to a room filled with sigils and traps that made it ghost, angel, and demon proof. Bobby built it apparently when he had a "day off". Charlotte took in the iron walls and single iron door.

Balls.

She knew there was no getting out of there now. It was a confined room that only locked from the outside.

 Testing things out, she decided to bang on the hard, iron door, her hands screaming in pain each time she banged on it.

 "Bobby! This is stupid! Let me out!"

 As she looked through the mini bars that enabled her to see the view from outside of the room, she came face to face with Sam's hazel eyes. She immediately backed away, yet did not break her stare.

 "Get out of here."

 "Charlo-"

 "I can't even hear you say my name! Or is that even my name? I can't believe you're the one who caused this mess. I wish my mom didn't even meet you."

 I pang of hurt shot through Sam's heart.

 "Bobby's the only real father to me. You could never look me in the eye. Why, because you know you let my mother down?"

 Sam couldn't hear anymore. He began walking away from the door, ignoring the continuous screams of Charlotte exclaiming that she hated him. Oh, how he wished things could change. Once again, he felt as if everything was his fault.

 Azazel went into his nursery that night and turned him into what he was. That's what got his mother killed. Years after, he got his girlfriend Jessica killed the same way his mom went. Then, his father was killed by Azazel himself. And to top it all off, he had gotten the mother of his own child killed because of what happened to him when he was an infant.

 It seemed as if his whole life was a curse, and it killed everyone he loved. 

Now, he couldn't bear to lose his child. And somehow, he'll have to make things right.

-Author's Note-

 This isn't the greatest chapter. Yet, I needed something to make some sort of transition in the story. Thank you so much everyone for reading it!!!