prologue

"Sam...I-I think I love you."

Those three words caught Sam Winchester by surprise. He was just 19, in college, and didn't expect to have any intimate relationships. Rebecca Hearst was no exception.

"I have to go," Sam hurriedly said, pulling on his jacket in swift movements. He had just gotten off the phone with his older brother, Dean, who he hadn't had contact with in months. Apparently their father was missing, and although Sam could care less about his whereabouts, Dean's tone of apprehension worried him. Suddenly, a gentle hand rested on his.

"Please don't leave, you're all I have," Rebecca tried pleading, yet from the look on Sam's eyes she knew he would be out the door in no time.

"Goodbye, Becca." And that was the last thing that the young Winchester said before he closed the door shut with a click.

*2 weeks later*

"Gosh, Bec, you have to tell him," insisted Rebecca's best friend, Victoria.

"Vicky, I don't even have his number."

"So you're telling me you had one night with this dude and you're left behind with a baby growing inside you as we speak? You've really outdid yourself this time." With that, Victoria slumped back in the reclining chair in the living room of the apartment her and her best friend shared.

"...I want to keep the baby."

Victoria looked at her best friend as if she had misheard her. Looking at Rebecca's tear-stained face, she knew she wasn't joking around.

"Are you forgetting that you are 19 and currently enrolled in one of the most expensive colleges? Not to mention your plan is to become a doctor?" Victoria, bewildered, reminded her best friend.

In defeat, Rebecca bowed her head. It arose again when she decided that she will have to do something so this baby will remain being born.

"I'll get through it. Take my classes. Graduate. Take care of my baby. I'll ring up my mother to tell her about it, hopefully she'll support me. I am getting through my life with this baby, yet will not forget the life of the baby. You know I'm a determined person. Don't underestimate me." Rebecca's physical appearance seemed confident about this, yet Victoria didn't know how her heart seemed to pound harder and louder with each promise.

-Author's note-

Once again, I do not own supernatural characters Sam and Dean. This is a fanfiction of a series I am obsessing over. All scenarios are fiction, yet supernatural characters will stay true to themselves. Thanks for reading!