---12---

Cassandra POV

I went straight back to work angrily like how the hell was I supposed to know she was lying.

"His bitch ass-"

He suddenly walked in and I immediately stopped what I was about to say....
He dropped a stack of files.

" do them."

I looked at the files and back at him angry. "Is this some type of punishment...."

He smirked "no..at least not my type." With that he left.
As soon as he left I hit my head with my hands as a mad person and
with a loud sigh I started my work.

Back and forth to the printer to the office by the time 11pm I had just began to reorganize the files on the computer.
12am just two more to print I already saved them to the flashdrive.. and completed the presentation...
I took the files and walked tiredly I had been so tired I took of my heels to walk on the bare ground...

The whole place was in dark except my office, the file room and his office it creeped me out so badly.

After it was printed I stapled it together and sat back down in my chair and fell asleep right there.

Jake POV

I looked at my watch it was now 1am time for me to knock off. I was about to call the driver but I noticed Cassandra's office light was still on. I opened my office which was right across from hers and walked over.
Really...
she fell asleep right on her desk, a bit of drool on the desk as her mouth was slightly open. Disgusting...kind of cute.

She was mumbling just like that night.. I sighed, she is definitely going to have back pain in the morning... But it's none of my business.

I began walking out but stopped...I swear to God.
I went back, placed her arm around my nape and picked her up, bridal style, carrying her to my office.
I quietly laid her on the couch and covered her exposed legs with my jacket.

I went back to my seat and decided to finish the file I left. No point leaving.
Before I knew it I heard her mumbling again.

Is she having a nightmare? Should I wake her?........ Why does she make me want to...care for her?

I sat beside her and shifted her to rest her head on my lap before stroking her head to sleep with reassurance that someone was here... she reminded me of myself and before I realized it, I dosed off.

*next morning*

The small knock on the door woke me and I tiredly looked at my watch 6am. I rubbed the back of my neck it cramped bc I slept here. I swear this woman just- the knock came again distracting my thought.

I quietly lifted her head and placed it back on a cushion. I lifted my Jacket off her and placed it back on my shoulder, Before fixing her leg that was hanging off the couch. So that when I sit back down I won't see what's underneath.

"Come in."

"YO Jake I came to-" my loud friend's voice boomed.

I raised my hand, sat down and put a finger to my lips before I pointed to the couch. He gasped before coming closer to the desk.

"Wait man you-" he whispered.

"No!" I quickly realized it was too loud and lowered my voice " if that's what I think you want to say of course not."

" then why is she here?"

"I don't know I went home early..when I came I saw her sleeping here she probably slept in and needed a comfy place to sleep."

" oh...well I just came to say thanks for the job man."

"You already said that yesterday but your welcome bro... but can you leave, I'll wait till she's awake."

"She a mad fine tho, what's her name?" Cody asked.
I tried ignoring my friend's question looking over to my computer. Sadly he still stood there.
"Cassandra." I finally mumbled and gave him an eye.

Cody lifted his hands in surrender before he left and I looked at her shaking my head, I had the best idea.
I walked closer to the couch leaning beside her ear pushing her shoulder.

"CASSANDRA BAKER."

She immediately jumped awake from her sleep and fell off the couch in a fright
It took everything in me not to laugh at her right now.

" I'm not late!....am I?"
When she saw me looking straight her she quickly got up realising that she was in my office.
"Ms. Baker is my office is it also your home?"

" what...I didn't sleep in here...did I?" She looked around confused.

"I walked in and you were comfortably lying on my office couch."