----5----

[In the car]

"I am so sorry...was he ugly?" Jenise questioned her eyes furrowed.

"No..."I admitted with a slight smile as I thought of him again.

"then why complain?" She smirked. "Look at youuu Cassandra what did he do to you that got you smiling like that."

My smile dropped and I sighed.
" I don't remember anything and he said he didn't do anything I needed to get out cause I have literally never been more scared."

"you hit a better jackpot than me" she sighed dreamily she haven't even seen him..
"because you said he's not ugly plus look at the house he is stacked. I don't know what I was thinking going back with that dude and leaving my wife alone..."

"I didn't get money and I'm still angry at you though" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry I really am"she said again and again.
I grinned at her.
"I'm kidding I forgive you forgive me too for getting too drunk I don't know what came over I guess I still pissed at the jerk" I jokingly laugh.

The girls laughed and talked as usual back to the apartment.

*. *. *.

" you do realize that your still wearing that pajamas." She pointed out as it looked like it was swallowing me.

"I've got a major head ache do I honestly look like I care..." I said and pulled up the pajamas excess cloth and shamelessly walked into the elevator and room with Jennie I just couldn't be bothered.
She pulled on the collar rubbing it in her fingers. "Looks expensive "

After Jenise and I talked some more. After I changed she decided to go to work and I stayed at home but soon I became too bored and decided to have a walk. Then I met up with mark a past boss of mine.
We had a great time as collegues but things he started doing I really felt uncomfortable with.

"Hey mark how's it been"

"Oh Cassy it's so nice to see you again you look really beautiful today" he gave me a small hug.

"Thanks" I said awkwardly.

"where are you heading" he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Oh any where I'm just taking a walk"

"have you got time for a quick lunch"

I reached in my pocket and looked at the time"sure I have nothing else to do anyways"

Mark and I walked a little more to a restaurant and sat down talking.

"Have you got a new job yet?"

"No I'm still in search of what may be better for me"

"I can get you to be my secretary"

"But didn't just hired him(mark's secretary stood outside) three months ago"

"yeah but he hasn't been doing me much good I think you will be a better fit."

"No thanks I just want to work a bit more comfortably "I lied I wouldn't mind getting the job but He is the problem I feel kinda uncomfortable around him.

"I can fire him or he can still work at the office you can just be replacing him"

"Yes but no, thank you for the offer though" I rubbed my thigh nervously.

"he doesn't he really is already rich and even asks for raises frequently"

"Um thank you mark really but I have other opportunities I would like to try" I lied again.

"ok bu-"

The waiter walked up and handed us the menu I ordered something simple not wanting to be greedy.

"You still wear that necklace?"he said as he just stared at the necklace I think.
I was wearing a tank top at that time and it was showing my cleavage right where the necklace was.
So I pushed it inside my top and pulled up my top a little more.
"Yep"

"who did you get it from" he

"Someone special"

"oh your in a relationship?"

"No" my eyes roamed the restaurant.

"well I can buy another for you..."

"I don't want another one"

"it doesn't really suit your style"

"You have no right to choose my style "

"your boyfriend gave you?" He asked again.

"No Oh my gOd "

"it really isn't perfect for you why did he buy such an ugly thing "

"You don't get to tell me what's perfect for me"

"why do you value it so much it looks kinda cheap I can buy a better one for you."

"IT'S NONE of Your BUSINESS OK"
I stormed out of the restaurant angrily who does he think he is.

**********Flashback***********

7yrs old*

"It's my birthday where's dad?"

"he doesn't care about your fu**ing birthday!"

"Mom you said the "f" word"

:"just shut up or-"

"I'm here!" My father shouted happily as he opened the door.

"DAD!"

I ran towards my dad and he put down the cakebox and a pink box before picking me up in his hands and swinging me around .

"happy birthday to my little girl!"

Mom just got up angrily and left.
Dad just ignored her as she slammed the door and opened the large cake box.

I laughed when he burned his finger as he lit the candles on the big birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me.
He told me close my eyes and when I opened my eyes there was a small pink box in front of me I opened it and it was a cute locket.

Gold and had a beautiful picture of me and dad in it.

************†**********************

I couldn't remember much from that night and I always had nightmares from that point on all horrible and puzzling most times I leave the light on, never get sleep and get up crying . I only told jenise I don't think even my mother knows.
I got home and made my own lunch and sat in front the tv with nothing else to do but try to sleep.

*Time skip 2 months later*

I had just gotten back from spending the night at Jenise but when I came there was a sign on the door.

Notice: remove all belongings or it will be removed for you..

whaaaatttttt!?!
I phoned the building owner.

"Landlord did you put this notice here"

"yes I did"

"What why"

"because you haven't paid for several months! And I am done with the I'll pay soon bulls..."

"But i-"

"I am putting it back up on the sale board I can't keep waiting and you owe me 43000us dollars" he shouted.

My heart sank and I sank to the floor as well.

"Ok sir."
I cut the call and called Jennie crying.
.
"Jennie..."

"what's wrong cassy?"

"I-..my-my apartment"I could barely talk whenever I was crying I always hated it.

"You lost it?"she said with concern.

"Yess"

"I'll be right there."she said as I heard her keys jingle in the background.