---6---

.
.
.
.
She came quickly and met me still crying at the door.
She helped me up and we went inside we got all the boxes and packed everything.

"But where am I going to go"

"You'll stay at my house I have an extra bedroom."

"I didn't want to be a bother ok"

"your my best friend it's not a bother"

We laughed and she cheered me up as we packed everything into the car we locked the room and gave the landlord the keys.
She helped me clean the spare room and pack.

A month after

Jennie just came back from work and I the market. I began preparing lunch and talked about getting a job.

" it's almost a year Cass...

"I really am trying..."

" Well my boss is looking for a administrative secretary"

"Really then I'll apply, when is the interview?"

"it begins tomorrow usually it goes on for at least a week.I can go with you"

"Oh this is great if I get it I'll be so happy what is the salary?"

"I heard that it's about 400 each month."

"Great then I can pay back the apartment dept."

The next day I prepared my application. Jennie and I went to do a little shopping in her closet since I barely had work clothes I got many cute outfits from her and the day I wore

 Jennie and I went to do a little shopping in her closet since I barely had work clothes I got many cute outfits from her and the day I wore

As I sat in the chair waiting I watched many people go in nervous and come out angry some even crying. There was two ladies beside me and Soon it was their turn so I tried having conversations with them. I tried talking to the one who literally looked like a model (Lady 2) but she just sucked her teeth at me and turned back to doing her makeup but when I talked to the beautiful, slightly chubby woman (Lady 1)she Glady talked to me.

Lady1:"I heard that the CEO himself is picking the secretary"

Lady2:"of course he is, I heard that he is looking for a personal secretary. God imagine being his personal secretary~"she said in a seductive tone still looking at herself in the mirror and applying lipstick.

Just before they requested the second lady she gave me her drink to hold and walked in full of pride.
Not even 5 minutes past I heard a loud shout.

" DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED A WhORE GET OUT!"

and she came out with her makeup a mess of tears and angrily grabbing the drink from me she scoffed and walked out.

Then they call in the chubby woman. It took at least 20 min then she came out crying.
"What happened?"

Lady2:"he commented I would act too slow to move around, and I would be sweating over him."

"Oh no..."

Suddenly the lady called my name i froze up but when she called it again I snapped out of it.
I went in the large looking room and my face dropped.

"Y-you!?"

He didn't raise his head.

Interviewer1:"excuse me young lady who are you adressing!"

"I am so sorry, excuse my manners sir."
One of the interviewers was the same guy from that morning oh my gosh no it's so embarrassing further more I don't even remember what I did with him and I'm pretty sure he knows.

I sat down quietly and tried to kick that brave me in action.

Interviewer1:"Now i am..

I paid no attention to what they were saying but stared at his almost golden eyes and dark hair with a well structured jaw and broad shoulders. His grey suit hugged him perfectly in the right places.
He looked up from the folder and my eyes widened I could see the flicker of recognition in his eyes before he looked back down.

Interviewer1:" and this is Mr. Jake Kingsley he is the CEO of King's Jewels C.O."

He is the freaking CEO this is not freaking happening oh my gosh it's so embarrassing will he be a creep God i hope not...
I immediately looked down.

interviewer2;" please introduce yourself."

" My name is Cassandra Baker, I--"
after a few minutes of answering the interviewers. I shifted my weight to my other leg as I sat in the chair...The nervousness in me was a bit calmed now.
They continued to flip through my application.

"Cassandra Baker...you are an interesting person so far."
He glanced up but something.. something about it hit me different. "no experience"

"No sir but while I have no experience in this area, I am a fast learner and I am confident I could manage and handle the responsibilities successfully within this  company "

"what languages do you speak fluently?" He asked.

"I speak fluent Spanish, and currently learning French."

"why do you want this job?" He looked me in the eyes and I didn't back down.

"Honestly sir, I need to gain more experience in the business field and my finances is a bit strained at the moment."

"honest answer. Do you have any medical issues?"

"No sir, I am healthy and able to keep on the g.o"

"a simple no would have done it."

I was about to say something i just may have regretted so I kept my mouth shut.

Interviewer1:"are you willing to-"

"do you have any problem with me asking the questions." he said rather codly.

Interviewer2:"no of course not sir"

"Um excuse me what's the salary?"

Interviewer1;"can't you wait?"

" 500 a month"

The interviewers looked as shocked as I did.

Wow.. that's a good deal I thought to myself.

*After a few more questions *

"no more questions she has the job."

I smiled happily. Yyeess whhew that was nerve racking.

Interviewer 1:"Al.. already.."

Interviewer 2:"b..b...but sir are you sure.."

"do you have a problem with it"

I saw the worry cover the interviewers faces as Mr. Kingsley gave them a death stare.

Interviewer 2:"No no no of course not..never... well in that case we'll dismiss the rest waiting."

The interviewer1 put an ID around my neck.

Interviewer1:" do not lose it. Scan it each time for you to enter the building and the top floor."

"Ok,will do, thank you very much."

"Welcome to the family of King's Jewels Company." They both said not a bit of enthusiasm.