up, up and away

"Y/N!!!" Kenma shouted, tears pouring down his face faster than ever. 

"NOOO!" 

"NO!"

"No..." his voice softened as he broke out into quieter tears. 

"No..." he shivered, collapsing his head into his arms. He held a tight grip around the teary paper. His whole body went numb, his brain following.

There was no way he could move on. It was much easier said than done. She was the love of his life, his soulmate, his everything. Why did it have to end like this? 

He lifted his head slowly, his breath pacing hundreds of miles per hour. His voice was frail, small breaths shivering out of his mouth every couple of seconds. 

He couldn't feel anything. It was an indescribable emotion full of sadness, emptiness, and a huge feeling of regret. 

She did say that it wasn't his fault, but it was most definitely his fault. She was the first person he had attached to, and he trusted her with his life. He loved how open she was to him, but he still didn't understand what this had to do with Kuroo. 

"Kenma?" a voice came from the forest. Kenma looked up, trying to hide his tears. It was Kuroo, standing right above the bench. 

"Kenma! What happened?" Kuroo asked.

"I don't want to talk, Kuroo," he whispered, his voice shivering.

"Kenma..." Kuroo sat down on the bench. Out of instinct, Kenma pushed him off. Kuroo stumbled backward in astonishment.

"What did you do?" Kenma sobbed, louder than Kuroo had ever heard him speak. 

"What do you mean-?" 

"What did you do!?!" Kenma stood up, tears pouring down his face. 

"Y/n said she listened to you. What did you tell her!?" Kenma continued to shout at Kuroo. He had never even dared to step up to someone like this, but out of rage, he yelled at Kuroo with all his heart. 

"And you believe her?" Kuroo tried to defend himself, but Kenma knew he was lying. 

"Of course I believe her, I love... loved her," Kenma said, his voice calming down in regret. His head curled into his arms once again, a burst of pain striking through his chest. 

"Kenma... I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"What. What didn't you do..." Kenma mumbled, anger flowing through his frail voice.

"I didn't know it would hurt her this much..." Kuroo confessed, calming himself down. 

"What!?" Kenma looked up at him in astonishment. He didn't know what to say or what to feel, in any case. 

"What did you tell her!?" he stood up and walked over to Kuroo, who was still surprised that Kenma could even shout. 

"It wasn't muc-" 

"Yes, it was, Kuroo! She's gone! She's g-gone..." tears started pouring down his face once more. Just the thought of y/n made his heart hurt. He missed her so so much, and he would never forgive himself for treating her like this. 

"Look, I'm sorry, Kenma- I really am."

"Well, it doesn't seem like it. It really doesn't," Kenma was full of rage, to a point where he couldn't control his words anymore. All his thoughts were pouring out of his mouth, finally escaping the quiet cage that they had been trapped in for Kenma's entire life. 

"Kenma..." Kuroo tried to explain himself, but he felt pity for Kenma and a bit of regret for his own actions. Yeah, kissing y/n did give him back his time with Kenma, but now Kenma hated him with all of his heart. He never expected their stupid relationship to be this strong. 

"Look, I didn't mean to hurt her, I just-" he paused.

"What did you do..." Kenma mumbled, leading up to a long moment of silence. 

"What did you do to her!?" Kenma continued, trying to let out his anger in the most reasonable way. Millions of possibilities flooded through his brain. 

"I was jealous! Okay?" he finally spat out. Kenma paused.

"Jealous of what?" Kenma shouted. 

"I was jealous that she spent so much time with you. You're my best friend, Kenma, and she took you away from me," Kuroo said, calming both of them down. 

"What?" 

"I don't get it..." Kenma looked up at Kuroo with wide eyes. 

Kuroo sat down on the bench next to Kenma, trying to wrap his arm around Kenma's shoulder. Just as expected, Kenma pushed him away and curled his knees up to his chest. 

"Kenma, I'm sorry. It wasn't the right thing to do," Kuroo sighed.

"I just don't get it," Kenma continued, "What part of your brain told you to take your jealousy out on her? You could've just told me, Kuroo. I would've spent time with you. You know I'm not one to show affection, but y/n was the love of my life. You can't just take her away from me like that, just because you're jealous."

"I know, Kenma. I was selfish and rude and I'm terribly sorry. I didn't think my words would affect her this much, but clearly, it affected not only her but you as well."

"I still don't get it thought. Even if she meant nothing to me, why would you blame her for doing absolutely nothing? Of course, it's going to affect her, Kuroo, of course!" Kenma was full of rage but he wasn't necessarily mad at Kuroo, he was mad at himself for letting this happen.

"Kenma. I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what else to say," Kuroo stood up and started walking home, leaving Kenma alone on the bench, drowning in puddles of tears. 

He loved her. And now, she was gone. Never coming back.