raindrops

"Y/n," Kenma flicked her forehead over and over again, trying to wake her up. He admired the way she slept so peacefully with her knees curled up to her chin. 

After a few more minutes of Kenma trying to wake her up quietly, y/n sat up and rubbed her eyes. Kenma had been sitting criss-cross next to her on the bed.

"Good morning," she smiled at him, barely even taking last night into consideration. He smiled back as he stood up. 

They both went to get changed into their school uniforms straight after. Y/n went into the bathroom this time while Kenma stayed in the bedroom.

As she walked into the bathroom, she noticed stains of dried blood across the bathroom counter. There was a small pocket knife on the far corner of the sink top. Y/n stood there in shock. 

She picked up the knife with two hands, laying her school uniform on the countertop. She decided to hide it, for Kenma's own good, so she got changed quickly and hid the knife in the back of her skirt.

She slowly walked back to Kenma's bedroom and walked in. Kenma was on his DS like usual, using bits of time that they had spared since they both woke up early. 

Y/n walked over to her backpack and placed her pajama shorts inside, along with Kenma's pocket knife. She zipped up her backpack and swung it over her shoulder as she stood up.

She motioned to Kenma to come with her, and he did so happily. They walked downstairs and placed their backpacks next to the front door. 

Y/n went to make breakfast for the two of them. She reached for two small bowls in the top cabinet but was disappointed when she realized she was too short. 

Kenma looked over and giggled at the sight of her struggling. He walked over and reached upwards. His heels lifted off the floor as he grabbed two bowls and placed them into y/n's hands. 

She frowned at him sarcastically and started making oatmeal. As she was doing so, Kenma poured them two glasses of orange juice. 

They sat down across from each other at the kitchen table and started eating breakfast in silence. Y/n's mind traced back to what had happened last night and she started to slightly panic. 

Kenma noticed her face start to burn up so he quickly grabbed her free hand and started rubbing circles into her palm. She almost instantly calmed down, which Kenma found adorable. 

They continued eating breakfast while Kenma held her hand in his own. Once they both finished, they washed their bowls and got ready to leave. 

"Tell your mom thank you for me," y/n smiled at Kenma as they slipped their shoes on. Kenma nodded, his hand still interlocked with hers. 

Y/n looked out the window, seeing the world around them covered in dark clouds and rain. There were puddles everywhere.

She stared at the window sill, watching the raindrops slide down the window. Kenma sat next to her, admiring her as he continued to rub circles into her hand. 

More raindrops piled onto the window, dripping down to the floor. Y/n looked over at Kenma, who had grabbed an umbrella from the corridor. 

She smiled at him and stood up, pulling him to his feet. She grabbed his other arm and looked into his eyes. Leaning forward, she lifted herself onto her toes and pecked him on the cheek.

His face turned a shade of red that y/n had never seen before. 

"Let's go?" y/n smiled at him innocently, letting out a small giggle. Kenma nodded at her and released his grip from one of her hands as they walked through the front door.