love of my life

Kenma and y/n walked through the cherry blossom path, their hands locked together. Both of their sneakers brushed against the flower petals as they took slow, consistent steps. 

Every once in awhile, Kenma would look over at her and admire her. She was still mesmerized by the pink flowery sky. Her eyes would roam around the landscape, but her soft lips never curved into a smile. 

She seemed empty on the inside, even though an aura of happiness was filling her heart from Kenma. She loved being with him, but for some reason, she couldn't look at him without thinking about how much he didn't deserve her. 

As they finally walked back to the alley, they both turned around and looked back at the marvelous flowers. The pathway was covered in petals, along with cherry blossoms floating across the sky. Sunlight shined down onto the pathway through the flowery trees. 

They turned back towards the alley and looked up at each other. Their eyes met into contact, staring into each other's soals. Kenma's golden eyes were still twinkling, while y/n's held a deep, emotionless passion buried in her pupils.

The two of them started walking home, barely starting a conversation. It wasn't awkward, however, they both were stuck in thought about the same few things. 

As they entered the forest, Kenma tightened his grip around y/n's hand. They continued walking in silence. Y/n's head was tilted downwards, her eyes staring at her feet. Kenma looked straight forward and he would pull her closer to him every few seconds to make sure she wouldn't bump into anything. 

"You look tired," Kenma looked over to her, breaking the long silence. She shifted her gaze up at him and blushed a bit. 

"I- I guess so," she was confused. 

"Would you like a piggyback ride?" he smiled. Y/n broke out into a tiny giggle but quickly stopped herself, realizing that he was serious. 

She continued walking, not really replying, but Kenma stopped, gripping her arm so that she couldn't move. She looked back over to him as he released her arm and walked up to her. 

He turned his back to her and grabbed her arms, swinging them around his neck. He then leaned down as she jumped onto his back, making him stumble a bit. 

They both started laughing as they paced through the trail. Y/n felt wind flow through her hair as Kenma ran, carrying her on his back. 

They reached the fork in the road where they had met up and Kenma slowly placed y/n back down on her feet. He was slightly out of breath, which made y/n feel guilty again. 

"Thank you for the ride," she giggled, trying to cover up her thoughts. 

He let out a little laugh as he smiled. It warmed up y/n's heart to see him so happy. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. 

"Mhm," she smiled at him. 

She grabbed her arms behind her back innocently and pushed her weight to the front of her feet. She lifted herself onto her toes and pecked Kenma on the cheek. His face turned a light shade of pink as he wrapped his arms around her. 

She wrapped her arms around his waist in return, pulling him into a close hug. Her head was buried in his chest while his head rested perfectly on top of hers. They had a 5-inch height difference, which was perfect for Kenma to use as a headrest. 

They pulled out of the hug and looked into each other's eyes for a brief moment before parting their ways. 

"Bye, Kenma!" y/n called out.

"Bye!"