scared.

Y/n's mother was gone for the day, which meant that y/n obviously didn't have to go to school. It wasn't at all her concern right now whether or not her parents found out, because soon, it would all be over. 

She put on her favorite long-sleeved shirt, one that reminded her of Kenma, and a pair of ripped jeans. She skipped brushing her teeth, it really didn't matter to her. 

Sitting down at her desk, she grabbed a pencil and continued what she had tried to start yesterday. 

Her pencil moved slowly and smoothly, forming perfectly curved letters along the piece of paper. 

As she wrote, she felt tears build up in her eyes. She didn't want to do this, but at the same time, she had waited her whole life for this moment. 

She folded up the piece of paper into a small envelope, grabbing a little red sticker to place in the center of the envelope.

Y/n picked up the pencil once more and shaped 5 more letters on the front of the envelope.

Kenma

That was it. She couldn't take it anymore. Tears started pouring down her cheeks as she broke into a loud cry. She didn't want to leave him. She couldn't do it. Why? Why was she doing this?

Because she deserved it. 

She wasn't enough for him.

She was never enough. 

And she would never be enough. 

She stood up and picked the envelope up off the table. She held it close to her chest, her tears dripping onto its fragile paper surface. It hurt, so bad. 

Making her way to the front door, she slipped her feet into her shoes. The same shoes that she wore when she walked with Kenma. 

Memories filled her mind. All the times when she walked to school with Kenma. In the rain, in the snow, in the wind. Every time, he looked gorgeous. He was perfect. Too perfect. And she was useless.

She opened the door, her cheeks still burning red. Tears poured down her face and onto her shirt and envelope. 

She made her way down the street, picking up her pace every step. Suddenly, she paused next to the forested trail. 

The bench sat in the midst of hundreds of trees. Green flowing leaves flew through the warm wind. 

As her eyes shifted over to the bench, her mind expected Kenma to be sitting there. But just at that thought, she noticed that it was empty. Why would he be there anyway? 

She placed the envelope on the dark wooden bench, right where Kenma would see it. 

Her body froze in fear. Was she really going to leave him? She had to. 

Turning her back to the envelope, she felt an aura of regret flow through her heart. 

"I'm sorry, Kenma," she sniffled as she walked out of the forest. 

Her pace slowed as she took calm, slow steps alongside the road. She didn't want to have to go through this anymore. She wanted to leave this horrid world. 

As she made her way out of the neighborhood, she approached a large hill. She stood at the bottom, staring directly at the top of the cliff.

This was it. 

This was her dream all along. 

But why was she...

Scared?