i'm sorry

Y/n stood up from her bed and slowly pushed herself over to the desk. Her body was shaking ever so slightly.

She reached down towards the bottom drawer of her desk. Pulling it open, she noticed Kenma's pocket knife peacefully laying in te corner of the drawer. She froze as shivers ran down her spine. He hadn't noticed that it was gone. He never tried to hurt himself ever since she took it. Ever since they became soulmates...

Her vision flickered as she forced her mind to ignore these thoughts. She grabbed a small piece of paper and placed it in the center of her desk. 

Her eyes shifted over to the window. The sky was bright purple with clouds framing the sunset. It was beautiful. But not beautiful enough. 

Wind flowed over the maple trees in her front yard. Leaves were flying every which way. Her eyes focused on a single leaf. It was small and green, but it looked pink in the night sky. 

It blew across her window and flew upwards, following the path of the blowing winds. 

Her fingers slowly stretched to grab a pencil, bringing it towards herself. She lightly placed the tip of the pencil onto the corner of the paper, pauing and looking up at her blank wall. 

She couldn't fight her intuition any more. Quickly pulling open the bottom drawer once more, she grabbed Kenma's pocket knife and brought it up to her eye level, letting go of the pencil with her other hand.

Small letters were carved into it's dark brown leather handle:

Kozume

Y/n slid her fingers slowly over the carved letters, tracing out each one carefully. A tear rolled down her cheek emotionlessly as she tightened her grip around the knife.

"I'm sorry, Kenma," y/n whispered, grabbing the knife in her right hand. Her fingers wrapped around it tightly, holding it up to her left wrist. 

She shut her eyes and clenched her teeth, trying to drown out the pain. Tears were pouring from her eyes without stopping, small cries escaping from her mouth. 

Y/n slid the sharp edge of Kenma's pocket knife against her wrist, revealing a dark red teardrop of blood. It trickled down her wrist at the same speed of her tears. Kenma was right. It felt good. It felt so good. 

"I love you," she muttered under her breath.