7

Catra and Adora backed themselves up against the wall as a large group of soldiers walked by. Hiding in the shadows, the girls smiled at one another due to their shared memories as children.

When the coast was clear, the two ran across the hall and made their way to Catra's quarters. The door closed behind them and they sighed in relief.

"Glad you remembered your way around this dump." Catra said.

"How could I forget?" Adora replied, "I mean considering all those times we hid from being chased."

"What? Not us." Catra said sarcastically, "We never got into trouble."

The two girls smiled and giggled together for the first time in months. They sat down beside one another after calming down, and Catra spoke.

"Tell me what hap-"

"Hey, Catra! My best bud!"

Upon seeing Scorpia in the doorway, Catra quickly stood up and ran over, "Scorpia, what are you doing here?!"

"Well earlier, I couldn't find you, and I got really worried, but I still had work to do. Lots of papers to sign, stuff to carry, you know! But I couldn't look for you, so I decided to check if you were back and safe!" With a big smile, Scorpia scooped Catra into a tight hug until her eye caught Adora and she set the agitated magicat down. "Oh! Adora! Good to see you-" Then she stopped as her mind processed what- or who- she was seeing before her. "Adora! What are you doing here?! Are you trying to hurt Catra?! Are you gonna break her heart?! Are you gonna leave her in a puddle of tears?!" She once again grabbed tightly onto Catra and readied herself to sting the blonde before her.

"Scorpia! It's fine!" Catra shouted, "Adora's..." She took a deep breath, "Spending a night with me... And she'll be gone in the morning..." She sat down beside her shaken guest.

"Oh, okay!" Scorpia smiled at the two. Seeing Catra relaxed without any tension was incredible to her.

Catra grabbed Adora's hands, putting then to her own chest. "Adora, please tell me what happened."

Adora's shoulders tensed up, her fingers digging into Catra's hands, "Okay, fine, after she goes..."

The two girls turned their heads to see Scorpia still standing there, resting her chin on her pincers. A smile was frozen on her face as her eyes sparkled.

"Scorpia, get out!" Catra hissed.

"Okay, okay, let me know if she hurts you! Or mentally scars you in any way!" Scorpia shouted as she walked out.

Finally they were alone. Catra once again sat across from Adora. Their equally dull eyes met, and Adora took a deep breath.

"Okay... I'm ready..." Adora whispered, and then began to speak, "Mermista raped me after inviting me over to Salineas a month ago... She's been doing it almost every night since... Then she became pregnant... And told everyone that it was me who made her do it... And I think everyone's siding with her... So I left... And you found me..." She hung her head low, wishing for tears to come from her dried eyes. She was taken aback by the sudden embrace Catra pulled her into.

"Adora, trust me when I say this." Catra said, "Next time we battle, she's going to get it from me. And I mean it!"

"Thanks, Catra..."

As the lights turned off, the 2 girls laid down, holding each other close.

"Ready for some gossip?" Catra asked with some smile in her voice.

"Go on.." Adora replied.

"So Lonnie is totally secretly dating Scorpia! There's no doubt about it!"

"Is it as obvious as Kyle and Rogelio?"

"Woah, hell no! Not that obvious! But they're holding hands, always blushing around each other, then I caught Lonnie going into Scorpia's room with her!"

"Have you confronted them yet?"

"What?! No! If rather just watch how dumb they look sneaking around and giving each other random kisses while I spy on them!"

As Adora started laughing out loud, Catra began to feel warm inside again. She smiled, and nuzzled her head to Adora's chest. They both fell silent as they took in each other's warmth.

Adora wrapped her arms around Catra's torso, and their eyes closed. The only sound filling their ears was the electrical buzzing that would lull them to sleep as children.

Before drifting off to sleep, the last thing, Adora saw was Catra's smile, and she was able to get a full night of sleep for the first time in weeks. She felt at peace for just that moment.

Mermista looked out the window. She was alone, as Seahawk was getting a moment to himself. She put her hand to her stomach and bit her lip.

"You better be fucking worth it." She whispered.