3

'Everything's okay...' Adora thought to herself, 'It won't happen again.'

She sat in the war room, trying her hardest to listen as Angella spoke. All the sounds around her just clumped together into a high pitched screech in her left ear.

"Adora? Are you there?"

Adora snapped back into reality to see everyone gazing at her with concern. "What? Yeah, I'm here. What were you saying?"

"What do you think of the plan?" Glimmer repeated herself with slight annoyance in her voice.

"Uh... Yeah! It's good. I like it." She assured her with thumbs up.

"Okay then... Let's go."

As everyone headed toward the woods, Perfuma made an attempt to converse with Mermista.

"Have you noticed something seems off about Adora?" She asked.

"Uh... Not really. Why?" Mermista responded.

"Oh, her harmony just seems off balance."

"I can, like, talk to her or whatever if that's cool."

Perfuma gave her a small smile, "That would be wonderful. Thank you, Mermista."

At the edge of the woods, Glimmer repeated the team everyone would be in. "So Perfuma and Frosta, Netossa and Spinnerella, me and Bow, and that leaves Mermista with Adora."

Adora felt her heart sink to her stomach. She clutched her chest. A lump in her throat appeared as she held back an anxiety attack.

"Are you sure you're okay, Adora?" Bow asked, "If you don't feel-"

"I promise, I'm okay." Adora fixed her posture, "I got this."

Raising an eyebrow, Bow and Glimmer gazed at one another with concern for their friend.

The last few meetings, the princess had made the decision to split the woods up into sections, and gave each team a section to guard. If the Horde passed through their section first, they'd alert the others. Simple enough.

As the 2 hid within their section of the woods, the only noise that surrounded them were the soft murmurs coming from all directions.

'She won't do it again.' Adora thought to herself, 'She won't do it again. Just pretend you're okay.'

"Adora."

Mermista's voice broke the silence.

Adora slowly turned her head to gaze upon the person she feared most. "Yeah?"

"Perfuma wanted me to, like, make sure you were fine or whatever."

"Well, you can tell her I am because nothing's bothering me..." She was ready to change the subject, and to get her point across, she shifted her attention back to watching for any sign of the Horde. It was all she could do to get her attention away from the terrifying possibilities. She taking her eyes off of her partner, for a pair of hands went over her mouth.

Mermista's harsh voice whispered in her ear, "If you scream, I will fucking kill you." Her breath tanged with alcohol tickled Adora's nose. The screams she was holding back burned her throat, and came out as ever flowing tears from her blue eyes.

It wasn't long before it began again. The first thing that happened was Mermista's arms wrapping themselves around Adora, her blue hair tickling the cheek of her teammate. Adora felt a sting on her neck as Mermista gave her a small bruise.

"Do you know what that means?" Mermista asked, "It means ownership. You're mine, Adora. You're my slave. Whenever I want you, you'll come to me. If you don't, you'll be punished severely."

Adora felt sick as soon as she felt herself being fingered, before their lips touched. She tensed herself up, until she was pinched down there painfully. As her eyes rolled to the back of her head, the taste of Mermista's lipstick grew from bitter to sweet.

"You're wet. You're enjoying yourself. Aren't you?" Mermista whispered, "Good. You'd better be getting used to this."

Just mere seconds later, the girls were alerted, and Mermista was quick to sober up and push Adora off of her.

Adora had barely any time to compose herself before she headed over to the section the Horde was spotted in.

"Took you guys long enough." Glimmer muttered under her breath before turning to face the two. "Adora, get ready."

Adora took a deep breath to stop herself from trembling, and stood up straight, holding up her sword, she exclaimed, "For the honor of Grayskull!" But nothing happened. "Uh... Let me try that again..." Sweat rolled down her forehead. "For the honor of Grayskull!"

"Why can't you transform all of the sudden?!" Frosta asked in a harsh tone.

"I don't know..." Adora shifted her eyes down to the sword.

"Maybe you should sit this one out." Bow suggested.

"Alright..." Sighing in defeat, Adora sat down.

"Here they come!" Glimmer announced and ran into battle.

Adora's heart stirred about, and jolted into a near stop as Mermista turned to glare at her. There was something in her eyes at that moment that left Adora feeling helpless. It was right then that she knew Mermista was dead serious about everything she had said... And there was more to come...