5

A rage boiled up inside Mermista. Sweat rolled down her forehead as a bitter taste formed in her mouth. Shoving something in her pocket, she burst out of the bathroom and approached Seahawk with a scowl on her face.

"Is something the matter, my dear Mermista?" Seahawk asked with his hands up.

"I need to see Adora like, right now!" Mermista demanded.

"For whatever reason?"

"Just take me to see her right now!"

Despite being suddenly put on edge, Seahawk smiled, "Anything for you, my dearest!"

The entire boat ride was quiet and awkward. Everytime Seahawk began to belt out into a shanty, Mermista would shoot him down with a glare. Her eyes were glazed over with a rage and a fear as she gazed down at something in her hand.

With a smile, Bow ran into Glimmer's room. "Mermista and Seahawk are here!"

"What?!" Glimmer looked over, "They are?!

"Mermista came to see Adora for some reason."

Glimmer grabbed onto Bow and teleported them to Adora's room.

Adora slowly backed away at the sight of Mermista alongside Seahawk. She forced a smile to hide the throbbing of her heart. "Hey, Mermista." She said casually.

"What's up?" Glimmer said, only to grunt at being ignored.

Mermista dashed past the others and grabbed Adora tightly by the collar. "Do you fucking know what you did to me?!"

The past month raced through Adora's head. Every little thing that had gotten her even slightly punished came to mind.

A flash of something clutched tightly in Mermista's fist left a pit in Adora's stomach. Her heart began to pound at an unimaginably fast pace. Her mouth filled with a sour taste, but soon it quickly faded away. How could Mermista be so damn bold to throw the blame on her?

"I-" Adora had no idea what to say.

"You better be sorry! This is all because of you!" Mermista was quick to shout back, "My life is fucking ruined thanks to you!"

Bow shifted his eyes away from the scene, uncomfortable with the foul language at play. He stood stiff, as Glimmer had no idea what was going on.

"My darling," Seahawk hesitantly approached her, "Is something going on?"

Mermista shot around to meet his eyes with a deep glare. "Like I'd totally tell you! Because as soon as I tell you, you're, like, gonna leave me or whatever! Because Adora apparently, like, wouldn't do anything!"

With a quick but gentle motion, Seahawk grabbed ahold of her hands. "Mermista, have I ever left you for any reason? You know you can tell me anything. Sailor's honor."

With a grunt, Mermista shot her eyes down and held out a positive pregnancy test. The room went dead quiet. Nobody knew what to say as they looked at one another. After a long, uncomfortable silence, Seahawk finally spoke.

"It's not mine?" His voice was shaky, "You-you cheated..."

"Seahawk... I'm sorry..." Mermista hung her head low.

"But why?"

In her head, Adora knew Mermista didn't really have much of a reason for doing what she did.

"It was Adora."

Adora lifted her head up and her eyes widened.

"What?! Adora would never!" Glimmer exclaimed then turned to look at her friend, "Right?"

"I told her I didn't want to, but she wouldn't stop..." Mermista lied, even going as far as shedding a few tears.

"Adora, you didn't do that, right?" Bow asked, "Right?"

Adora felt sick to her stomach. The room began to spin as everyone gazed at her with concern and anger. Chills went up her spine and then she met Mermista's glare.

The room was hot and stuffy. Adora got claustrophobia and ran past everyone. Despite hearing someone calling her name, she kept going until she found herself somewhere in the woods. She didn't feel anything... She didn't feel anything... She didn't feel anything... Then it all hit her like an axe.

She dropped to her knees and her eyes filled with tears. She buried her face in her hands and cried uncontrollably. Every place she'd been touched pulsed in unimaginable pain. Her ears rung. She couldn't believe it... Mermista was blaming her for everything...

Breaking her shell, Adora looked up after hearing a rustling. She turned her head up opon seeing a shadow pass in the corner of her eye. Then she met a pair of eyes filled with malice.

"Hey, Adora."