the sixth chapter.

06

" LIKE "

never in her life had jet been so fascinated by violence. she sat there in amazement, mouth hung slightly open. winces escaped her lips every once in a while, but for the most part, jet enjoyed the fight very much.

she watched as luke slowly crushed peter's confidence, as he pummeled him to the ground. she could see the blond's bloody knuckles, and a clear view of his opponent's bashed face.

his body wasn't resisting anymore, and that's when luke knew when to stop. he stood up, towering over the body, his breaths heavy and rugged.

the referee counted to ten, and when peter didn't even move a single muscle, the winner was obviously clear.

"luke hemmings, your champion!" he announced, raising his arm up.

the crowd erupted in cheers as the winner walked out of the ring, a small white towel hanging around his neck. jet's eyes followed him, watching as he made his way to the back of the building.

"so," michael began, "how was it, jet? pretty awesome, right?"

jet pulled an excited grin, "it was so cool," she whisper-shouted, clapping her hands together.

calum slung his arm around her shoulders and smiled. "you're adorable, you know that?" he started walking to the back, where she supposed luke went, and he pulled her along with the other boys.

"well, i wouldn't mind hearing it from others once in a while," she joked, wiggling her eyebrows the boy. "and where are we going? i just met you, dude, how do i know you're not gonna kill me?"

"calm down," he scoffed. "we're just gonna see luke. i think he'll like you." they stopped at a cracked open door, to which jet assumed it was a locker room of some sort. "yo, luke?" he called out, knocking on the door.

"what?" the voice was faint, yet harsh—and jet felt like she had to apologize, even though they haven't met.

"can we come in?"

"sure."

so the four stepped in, the loud creak of the door breaking the silence that fell upon them.

"hey man," michael greeted, running towards the sweaty blond. he clapped him on the back, and jet could see michael's wide grin as he congratulated his friend.

"yeah, bro. you did great tonight," calum smiled, following michael's actions. the two sandwich'd the fighter, causing him to groan in despair.

while jet stayed by the door, ashton went close to the three. "rest up, lucas. you gotta train early tomorrow," he reminded him. "but first, we gotta celebrate by going to john's."

ignoring all their comments, luke looked at the girl. "who's she?"

oh god, jet whined. she thought calum was intimidating, but when she made eye contact with luke, she wanted to disappear. "oh," she managed to get something out of her mouth—oh being a word that ranked number one in her vocabulary. "i'm jet."

he stared at her, then back at the boys, furrowing his eyebrows. and the next words to come out of his mouth were the complete reciprocal of calum's.

"i don't like her."

•••