the ninteenth chapter.

19

" HERE "

jet had a dilemma, one that involved a sleepy luke hemmings laying on her chest. she had woken up due to the lack of oxygen filling her lungs, only to find the cause of that problem to be a six-foot-two, at best, blondie.

his soft snores filled her room, and jet caught herself thinking about what exactly went down the night before. but all she could remember was luke's fight and their talk about laurie.

she sighed as she contemplated whether or not she should wake the sleeping boy, stroking her fingers through his hair. he looked rather peaceful, and she didn't know if she wanted to deal with his attitude whenever he woke up—even if he had been a tad bit nicer to her.

although, she didn't have to do much thinking, for the blond opened his tired eyes on his own. he shuffled around before realizing that he wasn't laying on a mattress, but rather a girl.

"jet?" he muttered, and jet felt a little bit amazed by his morning voice, so she simply hummed in response. he turned around to face her, and he furrowed his brows, propping himself up using his elbows placed on each side of the girl. "what are you doing here?"

jet's head did some sort of double take. "dude, this is my apartment."

luke took the time to look around the room before he nodded. "it is indeed."

he isn't much of a talker in the morning, jet thought, but to be fair, he isn't that talkative anytime of day.

but he had made no effort to move, so jet pushed him off the bed and stood up. he landed on the cold, wooden floor with a thud, making her laugh.

"that wasn't very nice," he pouted.

"well, you beat up people for a living. you aren't very nice, either." she grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the kitchen. "i'm hungry, so we're going to cook."

he groaned, "why am i apart of this?"

"because you are a guest, and guests are supposed to help out the host."

"i'm pretty sure that's not how that works."

"i don't care, it's how my house works because i said so." he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in attempt to protest, but all jet did in return was send him a glare. "help me cook."

"yeah, yeah," he waved her off, heading to one of the cabinets. he took out a pan and pretended to swing it at her while she wasn't look.

she saw.

"fuck off," she said as she reached out her hand to grab the pan. she placed it on the stove and turned up the heat, waiting until it was hot enough to pour in the pancake mix. "okay so here's the thing," she began, turning around to face luke, who was scrolling away on whatever app he was on. he closed his phone and looked up.

"what?"

"i may or may not know how to flip pancakes."

"are you saying you want me to do it?"

"i don't know, can you?"

"yes, i can."

she stepped away from the stove to make way for the boy, handing him the spatula. and well, he did a pretty damn good job at flipping the pancakes.

jet placed the plate onto the counter and sighed. "you know, for a boxer, you're pretty good at cooking."

"you know, for a dumbass—" he began, but was cut off by a doorbell.

jet furrowed her brows and got up to open the door, luke following. she swung it open, and for the second time in the past hour, her head did a double take.

"who the fuck is this?" jet shot him a glare. oh shit, luke thought, i said that out loud.

"casper, what are you doing here?"

•••

[ thank you all so much for 2k reads !! i'm sorry for the slow updates, i've been very busy with school. i also wanted to greet you guys a very happy and loving early valentine's day, whether you do or do not have a special someone. i love you all !! ]