the twentieth chapter.

20

" LESSON "

jet tried to hide her disliking towards the lanky teenage boy standing in front of her, but much to her dismay, he was rather too annoying.

through gritted teeth, she managed to ask him what he was doing at her apartment—that and how he even knew where she lived. and all she got in response was a shrug.

she nudged the blond standing behind her. "continue eating, luke," she whispered, pushing him slightly towards the kitchen area. but he didn't budge, and he stood in the same place. he shook his head as if he was a child, and jet rolled her eyes. now, she had to deal with two handfuls.

"who's this?" the seventeen-year-old suddenly questioned, pointing a finger at luke. he made himself at home as he pushed past them and laid down on her couch.

the pink-haired girl sighed. "casper, what are you doing here?"

casper was one of three members of the local indie band jet had been working for. he was seventeen and lanky, standing at about 5'11. he was a handful, to say the absolute least. he wasn't necessarily mean or stubborn, but he was very curious and didn't see any obstacles whatsoever whenever he did something.

"i got into a fight with my mom again," he explained, rolling his eyes. "she was blabbing about how i'm," he paused to throw up air quotes, "never gonna make it and all that shit. i was gonna go to elliot's or fred's, but they both got grounded after last night's events."

jet raised her brows, "oh? and what happened last night?" she egged on. by this point, both her and luke were sitting at the kitchen counter, munching on their pancakes.

"okay so, here's the thing: we got arrested—oh, can i have some by the way?" he stopped mid-sentence and gestured to the pile of pancakes.

"no."

"whatever," he rolled his eyes. "anyways, as i was saying, the three of us got arrested last for public nudity." jet's eyes widened at that, and she opened her mouth to speak, but he cut her off before she even got the chance. "and before you say anything, it was for a good reason!"

"how is there a good reason for that?" luke butted in.

"shut it, blondie," casper sassed. "but i'll have you know, there is a perfectly good reason."

"which is?" jet asked.

"we were triple-dog dared to."

"you're fucking with me, right?" she dropped her fork onto the plate. she blinked a few times to make sure she had actually heard what she thought she did.

"would you be less mad if i said yes or no?"

"neither."

"well shit," he sighed, walking over to them. he picked up a pancake, rolling it up, and dipped it into the pool of syrup on jet's plate. "since you're gonna be mad either way, i'm telling the truth. dad bailed me out," he said with his mouth full.

"so why aren't you grounded?" she asked, but not before smacking his hand away.

"i am."

"i cannot deal with this right now, casper. leave," jet groaned, putting her head down onto the counter. "plus, you have to go to the studio today, don't you? so go home and rest."

"yeah, i could do that, but i don't want to," he sassed as he reached for another pancake, but this time from luke's plate. but he was barely even near it before luke grabbed his wrist and flung him back towards the couch.

"get your fucking own."

"sheesh, tough crowd," he shook it off and rolled his eyes. "who even are you?" the teen stepped closer to luke as he crossed his arms.

in return, he sighed, pushing away his clean plate. "luke," he deadpanned.

"luke..." casper egged on.

"hemmings," he stated. "why the fuck are you so nosy?"

the musician gasped. "holy shit!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms over his head. "you're the douchebag who shit on my brother!"

"'shit on'? what the fuck is that?"

"oh c'mon old man, it means you fucking beat the hell out of someone," he scoffed. "i can't believe someone like you did that to him."

jet butted in, "i'm sorry, did you say brother?"

he nodded his head. "yeah, pay attention."

"oh, fuck off," she retorted. "who's your brother anyways?"

"peter."

"wow," luke shook his head, "real specific."

but while luke stood clueless, jet's mind fucking exploded. her mind flashed back to the night she met luke, where he fought and defeated peter matthews by t.k.o., and her jaw dropped. it had finally hit her, and she really wasn't sure why she didn't see the resemblance in the first place. maybe it was the fact that she only saw a clear shot of his face when it was bloody and messed up, but casper and peter were basically photo copies of one another.

"peter fucking matthews!" she exasperated. "holy fuck, luke," she stood up from her seat and walked over to him. she placed her hands on his shoulders and started to shake him. "you fucking beat up his brother!"

luke, who was physically so over this whole conversation, simply let the girl express her mind-boggling moment before placing his hands on her waist and stopping her. "enough, jet."

casper let out a a fake cough, muttering a small, "whipped."

shooting a quick glare at the boy, she hesitantly removed her hands. "yeah, sorry. i was shook for a bit."

"clearly," casper interrupted. "anyways, my brother wouldn't stop talking about you the next day. it was like he was in love with you or something. freaking weirdo," he whispered the last part under his breath. "and now, i'm here meeting the guy who did it."

"and what about it?"

"nothing, good job. it was about time someone taught that fucker a lesson."

"i think someone needs to teach you a lesson," luke muttered.

•••