chapter nineteen• the weasleys ☆

————

You were having an amazing summer with the Weasleys. You made sure large monthly bonus' of 5500 galleons were transferred from your bank vault to theirs, under "employee of the month bonus." You spent majority of the summer helping Mrs. Weasley in her garden, you planted lots of flowers, fruits and vegetables. So, many meals towards the end of the summer included your freshly grown produce. You had grown so much closer with Ron and Ginny, they taught you how to play quidditch and you taught them how to play football. Mrs Weasley would make freshly squeezed orange juice and lemonade daily, she taught you as well and soon it became something you did together.

You always helped with the cooking, baking and cleaning up, Mrs. Weasley taught you a tremendous amount. And soon, you were making dinner for the family of 7 by yourself a few days a week. She loved your company and told you that any summer or break you were allowed to come back to their home. You even worked with Fred and George a bit to make a gnome repellent, they kept trying to eat fruit you had grown. After many trials and tribulations 'Gnome Off' was created. You had been sending letters to Harry and Hermione all break as well, you kept very close in touch with them.

Towards the middle of summer though, a pause in your brilliant break ensued. You had always been plagued with nightmares and night terrors, but the potions Madam Pomfrey had had supplied you with slowed them down a bit. Until last night. You dreamt of an old run-down house, incoherent whispers strained your ears. A man named 'Frank' talking to another man in a chair, the mystery mans voice hoarse and decrepit. A snake called 'Nagini' was slithering around, protecting this mystery man. The conversation became heated quickly and the mystery man called out to 'Wormtail' to spin the chair around, the chair man raised its wand and with a flash, Frank crumpled. He was dead before he hit the ground.

You awoke in a cold sweat, your chest rising and falling violently, you as if you had just run a marathon. Your right hand pressed to your neck, the scar under your fingers burning as if a white hot iron had been pressed to your skin, branding you for life. You pulled the covers off you, careful not to wake Ginny up, and quickly strode to the bathroom. You looked yourself up and down in the mirror, your scar looked normal, but the stinging sensation lingered. You wanted to write Harry to see if anything similar happened to him, so you began to draft a letter. You told him short and sweet what you had dreamt about it and to get back as soon as possible.

After signing the letter and sending your owl on a quick mission to deliver it to Harry, you climbed back into bed, the frigid wood floors had cooled you back down. Your cold feet accidentally brushed Ginny's warm leg and she woke quickly. "What are you doing up?" Asked Ginny, she squinted her eyes to see you in the dark. "Just a bad dream, go back to sleep it's only 2." You said, slipping under the covers as you tried your best to fall back into a dreamless sleep.

You woke the next morning to a pounding headache and rapid bothersome tapping at the window. Bitch, your owl, was fluttering her wings as her beak drummed against the glass. You rubbed your eyes groggily and slid out of bed, sweat dripped from your hairline as your body quivered. Keeping a steady pace though you made your way towards the window, cracking it open for the owl to slip through, she had a letter in her beak. Well that was quick. Your eyes glanced toward the loud old grandfather clock that stood dauntingly in the corner of the room. It read 11 am. Not only had you severely overslept, but Harry must've been up at that time as well to send a reply so quick. And you knew then, exactly what the letter would say. You tugged impatiently at the seal, breaking it open hastily to read what Harry had said.

Hey y/n, I was just about to write you when your snotty owl snuck in through my window and pecked at my hand until I wrote back to you. Please stop teaching it these things. The same thing happened to me. We can talk more about it when i come for the World Cup.

Miss you heaps,
Harry

Sighing in exasperation, your fingers gently traced over the rough crinkles of the letter. You folded the letter back up and tucked it away in a small box, trying to push it to the back of your head and forget. But nothing was that easy.

The comforters were soft and snug around your body, soft skin covered by fresh linen. You had gotten back into bed, still feeling like you were missing hours of sleep. Your eyes were heavy, weighing down on you like a ton of bricks. It felt overwhelmingly laborious to keep your eyelids from shutting and letting yourself drift back into a comforting sleep. Inevitably though you drifted into a deep sleep.

————

Summer was winding down and you had found a new love for Quidditch, you played every night after dinner in the backfields of the Weasley residence with all of the others. Hermione came and visited periodically throughout the summer, each time it became a sleepover in Ginny's room and you talked for hours on end about anything and everything. Those being some of the best days of summer, but Harry didn't come until towards the end of summer when the Quidditch Cup rolled around. It was the talk of the summer, every day Ron would gush about going. The entire family was extremely excited, as were you. You tried to help Mrs. Weasley send a proper letter to Harry through the post but she added about a hundred stamps while you were in the bathroom. 

Harry was supposed to be coming soon, everyone was elated to see him, for he had been locked away at the dreary Dursleys all summer. Harry was extremely excited to come as well. He had brought up talking to Sirius in order to scare Vernon into letting him join you all the rest of the summer. After seeing his best friends, Harry was most excited for Mrs. Weasleys cooking. You and Mrs. Weasley had planned a nice welcome dinner for him, hoping he would enjoy the gesture. You both had gotten up at six am to prep and begin the cooking the morning he was expected to arrive.

Arthur, Ron, George, and Fred had