chapter five• boggarts ☆

I'm too lazy to change the beginning each time since this is edited so enjoy this message.

/———-/

"Does it hurt terribly Draco?" Pansy said rubbing his shoulder.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I could've lost my arm. I can't do homework for weeks." Draco fibbed, his exasperated voice bothersome to many.

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron asked astonished. "At least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry said hopefully. "I hear Draco's father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this." Hermione said worried.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!"

"Who?"

"Sirius Black!"

Hermione looked at the daily profit that the random Gryffindor set down. "Dufftown? That's not far from here. You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Hermione questioned."With dementors at every entrance?" Ron said not knowing how to feel. Harry leaned over you and Bem to peer at the newspaper, his hand at your right side as he hovered over you.

"Dementors?"

"He slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." You wished they'd quit with all the theatrics. You had heard about black being a crazed man who joined the dark side and wanted you and Harry dead. But that was about the extent of your knowledge. But no one's escaped Azkaban before and you doubted it would happen now.

You, Harry, Hermione, and Ron all went back to the common room to start on the scrolls of essays Snape had already assigned. Hermione had harshly criticized Ron for spilling his ink pot all over her just finished essay. He apologized profusely and offered to re-write it for her but she denied, she thought he'd half-ass it.

You were sat around a round table, everyone hard at work except Harry. He'd been day-dreaming for a while now, the only thing written in his scroll had been his name while everyone else was a good few paragraphs in. You continued your essay on what not to mix and why, your hand at the point where it was cramping every few sentences. And then, Harry broke the 45 minute long silence, "Do you think he'll come here?" He asked.

Everyone knew who he was talking about without even needing a name. You looked up from your essay and he was staring at the new edition of The Daily Prophet. "If he were dumb enough to come near Dumbledore than he's going to get caught before he makes it near the gates." You said, you had high doubts he'd have the gall to come attack you two while at school. Hermione agreed, she thought all of this drama around Black coming to the school to kill the two of you was blown out of proportion as well.
Harry nodded his head but kept staring at the newspaper, hoping he could convince himself to think the same.

You seized the opportunity to cut the tension when you suggested to finish the essays tomorrow. Hermione turned the offer down saying she wanted to get it done before dinner. But Harry and Ron gladly accepted, they took the time to teach you wizards chess while Hermione still worked. You were awful at it but they kept encouraging you telling you how good you were doing and how quick you learned it.

While learning the game, Ron told you more about his family, Harry enlightened you about the Dursleys, and you told them all about your home and how nervous you were to start here. Ron even invited you over to his house to meet his family with Hermione during the summer. You gladly accepted.
________

"Intriguing, isn't it?" The new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor inquired. "Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asked.