chapter forty-nine• sirius cant be serious ☆

They talked about their summers for a bit, all of them feeling quite lousy. Mrs. Weasley compared Fred and George to Charlie and Bill about twelve times. Y/n got annoyed and compared her to Crookshanks, wasn't a good idea. She expects spit in her food now.

"I've been meaning to tell you, Sirius, there's something trapped in that writing desk in the drawing room, it keeps rattling and shaking. Of course, it could just be a boggart, but I thought we ought to ask Alastor to have a look at it before we let it out." Molly nagged for the third time today.

  "Whatever you like," said Sirius monotonously.

  "The curtains in there are full of doxys, too," Mrs. Weasley went on. "I thought we might try and tackle them tomorrow."

  "I look forward to it," said Sirius. Harry heard the sarcasm in his voice, but he was not sure that anyone else did.

  Next to Harry, y/n was sizing everyone up. Who knew something, who had she never seen before, and who could she pry information out of. And harry who got even hotter. What? Huh? What?

Tonks was entertaining Hermione and Ginny by transforming her nose between mouthfuls. Screwing up her eyes each time with the same pained expression she had worn back in Harry's bedroom, her nose swelled to a beak-like protuberance that resembled Snape's, shrank to the size of a button mushroom and then sprouted a great deal of hair from each nostril. Apparently this was a regular mealtime entertainment, because Hermione and Ginny were soon requesting their favourite noses.

  "Do that one like a pig snout, Tonks. . ."

  Tonks obliged, and Harry, looking up, had the fleeting impression that a female Dudley was grinning at him from across the table.

"Psst."

"Harry that was loudest trying to be quiet I've ever heard."

"Wanna know something else that's loud when trying to be quiet?" Harry smirked and looked at y/n through his eyelashes. She furrowed her brows at him in a disapproving manner, waiting to hear what he had to say.

"Nevermind." He said hastily, looking back down at his food. Harry's face reddened a bit as he twirled his fork around his plate. Y/n brushed off his weird behavior figuring he was just nervous about his ministry meeting.

  Mr. Weasley, Bill, and Lupin were having an intense discuss on about goblins.

  "They're not giving anything away yet," said Bill. "I still can't work out whether or not they believe he's back. Course, they might prefer not to take sides at all. Keep out of it."

  "I'm sure they'd never go over to You-Know-Who,"said Mr. Weasley, shaking his head. "They've suffered losses too; remember that goblin family he murdered last time, somewhere near Nottingham?"

  "I think it depends what they're offered," said Lupin. "And I'm not talking about gold. If they're offered the freedoms we've been denying them for centuries they're going to be tempted. Have you still not had any luck with Ragnok, Bill?"

  "He's feeling pretty anti-wizard at the moment," said Bill, "he hasn't stopped raging about the Bagman business, he reckons the Ministry did a cover-up, those goblins never got their gold from him, you know- "

  A gale of laughter from the middle of the table drowned the rest of Bill's words. Fred, George, Ron, and Mundungus were rolling around in their seats.

  " . . and then," choked Mundungus, tears running down his face, "and then, if you'll believe it, 'e says to me, 'e says, " Ere, Dung, where didja get all them toads from? 'Cos some son of a Sludger's gone and nicked all mine!" And I says, "Nicked all your toads, Will, what next? So you'll be wanting some more, then?" And if you'll believe me, lads, the gormless gargoyle buys all 'is own toads back orf me for a lot more'n what 'e paid in the first place-"