"Hey mommy!" Mari squealed. She was dressed in lavender as well as Mycah, and the baby's Godmother and her grandmothers. Jaida herself was dressed in a pretty white dress, and Blake was wearing lighter colors to match her and the theme.

"He boo," Jaida smiled

"He boo," Jaida smiled. "It turned out so pretty—my cake!" she whined, as soon as she saw the cake table. "Thank you, Mari," she cooed.

"You're very welcome," she cheesed.

Mari took extra special pride in her family loving the things that she made for their events or their special events. She worked hard to impress them, and to see the smiles on their faces made her day. They'd always believed in her—but she knew especially her parents were concerned about her making a living this way, and to be able to show them that she could was a blessing, and she knew they were proud.

"Aw Tweety! You look so beautiful!" Mycah explained as she approached Jaida. "You look nice too, Blake," she giggled.

"Thank you, Munch. I feel like a whale," she chuckled. "They said at her last appointment that she's about 8 pounds now—I'on like that at all. Ms. Sam was a good 6 pounds 2 ounces, I can't push no more than that," she shook her head.

"Well get ready," Blake commented. "She gon make her lil way out somehow,"

"You are very annoying, did you know that sir? I hope you know," she rolled her eyes as her daughter's Godmother got on the mic to start the games.

When she got back to her seat, Mari checked her phone for texts from Xavion—but he wasn't answering, which was slightly concerning. He knew what today was, she had just reminded him last night.

She knew he had to be in the gym today, but he told her he'd be here, and he usually kept his word, which was why she was more concerned than mad at the moment. Deciding against bothering him, she tucked her phone back into her purse and focused on what was going on.

Halfway into the second game, her phone started to buzz, and it was Xavion, making her furrowed her eyebrows.

doodabug🥺🤍: baby can you come outside please
: you okay? you're here?
doodabug🥺🤍: yeah im here. can you just come please

Growing even more concerned, Mari told her sister she'd be right back and quickly walked around the back of the venue so she wouldn't draw too much attention to herself and slipped out of the cracked door, heels clicking as they hit the pavement toward the parking lot.

When she got there, she saw Xavion leaning against the passenger side of his car, his hands were shaking and he looked as if he could kill someone with just his eyes—which was slightly scary.

"B-babe? What's wrong?" she slowed down as she approached him. She wasn't afraid of Xavion in the least but she had no ides what she was about to walk into. "You okay?" she asked again and he shook his head no—which was when she noticed his family wasn't with him.