twenty-one.

"You ready, Dooda?" Emari asked as she watched him shadow box

"You ready, Dooda?" Emari asked as she watched him shadow box. Today was his last match of the Golden Gloves tournament held that day. The quarter finals rounds were today, and had been being held for three days already. Of course, Xavion made it through all three days.

He had two matches a day, and he'd breezed through all of them. Mari and his family—as well as Tariq and Mycah who were extremely interested in seeing him fight were there on the front row. Mari had to work on Fridays but she rushed as fast as she could to get there, and by the time she got there he was already in his zone and overwhelming his opponents.

He simply nodded, bouncing on his feet in front of the mirror. Ant had just finished taping up his gloves and he was feeling the jitters he always got before a match. By now, Mari was very familiar with them.

"Hey," she called to him and he glanced at her through the mirror. "Look at me, Xavion," she said. He turned around to look and she stepped closer to him, holding his wrists in her hands, since his hands were unavailable.

"You're gonna be fine like you been the last three days, you hear me? Whoever gon be in that ring with you, they not ready for you. This the last day before semifinals and you're going, period," she made sure to emphasize that he was going, because he clearly needed it.

He nodded along with all her words, taking them in with every syllable. Try as he might, the negative thoughts still crept up on him now and then, and he needed this. He needed her.

"Thank you," he said, leaning his forehead on hers. "I love you,"

"And I love you, Mr. Primetime," she giggled, kissing his lips.

"Alright lovebirds, showtime," Ant chuckled, instantly reminded of him at Xavion's age. "Let's go, Xav," he waved him over.

Xavion kissed Mari three more times before she put his mouth guard in, sending a light punch to his shoulder. He shook his head with a smirk and followed Anthony out of the room.

Mari went back to her seat, next to her sister and Dymond. They were becoming very close, whenever they had they chance they were together, and their older siblings thought it was precious. They both needed better friends than what they currently had and it seemed like they found it in each other.

"Y'all ready?" Mari asked and they both nodded eagerly. Mycah was having a great time, this was her first experience with boxing and the last few days she'd been having the best time.

"He's gonna do so good!" Dymond said. "Was he nervous?" she pouted and Mari nodded.

"I think he'll be good though, he's gonna be fine," she said knowingly as the announcer began to call Xavion's match. Since there was more than one match going on at once, there was no big announcement for each match, there was just one to announce the match and the winner of said match.

A few seconds later, Xavion was jogging out, and their small section went up in applause for him. He looked straight at his girlfriend, and she only signed for him to breathe, and he nodded, bouncing up and down on his feet.