seventeen.

"I get to see my man tonight," Mari sang to herself, getting ready in the mirror

"I get to see my man tonight," Mari sang to herself, getting ready in the mirror. She has just finished getting dressed and was now laying her edges down and tying her scarf around her head while she waited for Xavion to come and pick her up.

It had been almost a month since Hawaii, and September was coming to a close in a few weeks. The couple had both been very busy, so a date night was more than needed at this point.

Since November was approaching, the Golden Gloves were also approaching and Emari was excited for Xavi. She was more than ready to be front row at every match he was in. She and his sisters were already in talks of making t-shirts.

But even before then, was Emari's twenty fifth birthday. It was in a week and she was extremely excited. Her twenty fifth was one she was looking forward to, she had no idea what she was going to do yet—which was probably her fault, but she was excited nonetheless.

She wanted to make her own cake, but her family and her boyfriend were threatening her, so she gave up on that idea for now. She didn't know if there was anyone else she trusted to do it for her.

As she continued to think on her birthday and the celebration to follow, she heard a ping on her apple watch, showing her that she had a text from Xavi, telling her he was downstairs, and a grin spread slowly on her face, she nearly ran from the bathroom.

The whole way down, she couldn't wipe the grin off of her face, she knew it was because she missed him. Them being busy meant less time spent together, less falling asleep on the phone and less sleeping over at the others apartment, she missed it all and she missed him.

"Hi baby!" she squealed when she got downstairs, and he was leaning up against his car, holding a bouquet of flowers for her. She immediately rushed into his open arms and allowed him to embrace her.

"I missed you," he mumbled in her ear, rubbing her back. "You look beautiful, baby," he pulled her back to look at her, her smile making him do the same.

"Thank you, Dooda, I missed you more," she pouted, leaning up to kiss him. "I been so excited all day long, nobody couldn't tell me shit today," she chuckled.

"All excited just for lil ol' Xavion?" he smirked, squeezing her tighter, making her stomach flutter. "I was excited to see you too, you gon spend the weekend with me?" he asked, careful not to let his hands roam because they were outside still.

"Yes of course," she smiled. That seemed to be a constant when he was around.

As they drove to the restaurant they were eating at—which was still a surprise to Mari, they talked about their days. Mari's stories from the medical office were always more interesting than his—at least to him, since all he did was work with his headphones in and his hood up.

"And then! This lady came in mad because her daughter's appointment was at 7:30, and it was 7:35...like miss...we are trying our best in here. I completely understand being frustrated because I hate when I have to sit in the waiting room for ever but please do not come in here being loud at the crack of dawn. I have no problem yelling back and nobody wants that," she rolled her eyes.