fifteen.

"Baby, you want me to grab that?" Xavion asked Emari as she finished boxing up her Aunt Simone's cake

"Baby, you want me to grab that?" Xavion asked Emari as she finished boxing up her Aunt Simone's cake. It was the day of her wedding and she was due at the venue very soon to drop it off before the ceremony began.

"Um—yes please but you have to be really careful, Xavi," she said seriously. "This my auntie's wedding cake," she emphasized as he came to grab the box.

"Gotchu, baby," he chuckled. He was extremely happy to see her getting back to her happiness. It'd been a week since he had come to visit her that day, and little by little she had been brightening up. It was scary for him, but important that he saw it.

He knew how to care for her properly now, and he was dedicated to learning about depression like he did diabetes when Dymond was diagnosed, that way if there was any way he could help, he would.

"You look so pretty, Mari," he sighed, looking her over. She wore a very simple fitted dress, it was green, a darker green to match the colors of the wedding like her aunt had requested. It was off the shoulder and floor length with a split that came up right above her knee, showing off her leg and the silver strappy heels she chose to pair with it.

"Aw, baby, thank you," she pouted. Her hair was in the slickest slick back ponytail, with a side swooped bang and added hair in the back so it cascaded down the dress. "You look good in a tux," she smirked, messing with his tie.

"Thank you," he smirked, kissing her forehead. He really enjoyed the fact that when she wore heels she was only two inches shorter than him rather than her usual seven. He loved her height, but kissing her was much easier this way.

Their ride to the venue wasn't long, but full of Mari reminding Xavion to keep his hand on the cake at all times, as to not let it move an inch, or let the box touch the very intricate frosting. He wondered how she did it alone.

When they got there, he grabbed the cake, and she took the other desserts, up to the reception hall so she could have them in the fridge until the reception.

Xavion looked around the reception hall and he was amazed at how it was decorated. When he told Mari he hadn't been to a wedding in a long time, he meant since he was like fifteen, at his sister's wedding. This was huge and it was beautiful.

"Um, yo auntie rich?" he asked quietly when she came back out and she laughed. "I'm serious! Look at this man!"

"No, but her husband is," she snickered. "My new uncle got money, he paid for everything," he told him, and Xavion's jaw dropped. He couldn't imagine how much that costed. Desireé's wedding was pretty big but her husband's parents insisted on paying for everything.

"Man tell him to donate to his niece and his nephew in law, we in need," he joked and she laughed at him again.