three.

"KJ leave me alone," Xavion chuckled

"KJ leave me alone," Xavion chuckled. "Ant get ha' ass out the ring," he said.

"Xavion! What if I gotta beat a bitch ass one day?" she replied, folding her arms over her chest. "You just gon let me get my ass whooped?"

"Javen, you can fight, you been fighting since—"

"Nigga that's not the point," she cut him off with a chuckle. "What if one of these niggas get buck wit' me?!" she threw her hands up.

"Then you call me, dummy," he said in a duh tone and she sucked her teeth hopping out the ring so he could continue practicing. His best friends, Javen and Tyler came to the gym to visit him today and we're going to hang out after, probably get some drinks because according to them all Xavi did was work and sleep.

He'd known Javen since they were kids. Her name is pronounced Heaven, and he used to call her Jay-ven just to get on her nerves every day in elementary school, and for some reason she didn't hate his guts, so they stayed friends.

He met Tyler in his senior year of high school, they bonded together over sports. They both participated in unconventional sports, as Xavion was a boxer, and Tyler used to swim competitively. This was his entire circle, albeit small, he preferred it that way.

He didn't really have the energy to deal with lots of friends, he barely had energy for the two he had now, so his two were enough.

After practice, since it was Saturday, Xavion was off and they headed to his apartment so he could shower and change. They knew his routine and didn't rush him, he was already tired.

"Y'all comin' to my baby birthday party?" he asked them as they sat in a restaurant, looking over the menus. Skylar's 3rd birthday and her party was this Saturday, February 20th. He was excited to give Sky her present, he'd been saving for it and knew she would like it.

"Of course!" Javen said, replying to a text on her phone. "I think Rae wants me to help setup so I'll be over there,"

"Yeah, Ima pull up for babygirl. Me and Erica goin' to get her a gift tomorrow," Tyler nodded. Xavion was glad his friends were close with his family, they basically were family at this point, his mom loved them and so did his sisters.

As the evening progressed, the friends filled one another in on their lives at the moment. They talked during the week but they saved any news for in person meetups like these.

"So I went on a date," Javen cheesed.

"With who?" Ty and Xavi both asked.

"This guy, I met him at the shop," Javen was a tattoo artist, a great one at that. "I was a lil apprehensive or whatever because my customers usually be creepy and shit, but he was really sweet. It was decent as hell, too, he took me to see a drive in movie and shit, we got some food and he sparked!" she explained.