fourteen | Thunder Temple

Hello! Listen to the song too!

Thunder Temple

Rising to an unnerving nightmare of hers, she often wondered if Hypnos and Morpheus were silently seeking their death wish. Or enough to raise a flag to alert her of their vengeance after inadvertently causing their demise, she could not recall a single explanation to the dreams that continuously haunted her for centuries. The cause was unknown but the logical part of her says that the god of dreams and sleep had nothing to do with her suffering subconsciously. It was only an adverse effect due to all of the traumas in the past she experienced firsthand.

She had fallen asleep on his side of the bed and it brought enough comfort for her to slumber instantly the night before. His presence could be sensed outside their bed-chambers as soon as she rose and tightened the robe around her. It was quite early, and her stepson's chariot still hasn't risen.

With that in mind, she transported herself to the highest tower of Olympus where she spent most of her time aside from seeking solace from her garden. The highest tower included the view of Olympus. This time, however, the sky was a mixture of the darker shades of indigo. Bare of natural light aside from the lamps hanging above the trails. There was also the faint sound of the wind and the water falling from sculptures around the courtyard.

It was a peaceful setting and yet, when she sensed the presence of another, everything stood still and all of her senses focused on him. The wave of electricity and energy surrounded his form and from a small distance, she felt the connection between his and hers reaching for their other half.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, Lord Zeus?" She muttered nonchalantly as soon as he took a small step towards her. Her words caused him to halt his steps and let out a sigh of his own.

"Is it forbidden to worry about you?" His reply was imparted in defeat, knowing she couldn't help but have her speak to him to ignite a fire that will annoy him further.

The only response he received was a soft hum. Without wasting any time, he hesitantly reached for the messy ginger locks of hair on her shoulders, softly setting them aside with his eyes trailed on her to see if she would withdraw from his touch.

Without him seeing, the Queen closed her eyes and cherished the gentleness of his touch. A deep intake of breath was done once her lips parted. It was sudden when it occurred. Zeus took another step closer and placed both his hands on her shoulders. His head inclined to the side, his nose briefly touching the side of her head with her ginger locks. The scent of her wrapping him in a comforting embrace.

"Say yes." He merely stated after a moment.

She cocked her head to the side in question. "And what is this that you are planning, Zeus?"

He turned her around to face him. Her face was angelic and bare of any beauty products. She was perfect in his eyes and for a second, he lost his focus as he felt extremely drawn to her.

"A surprise. Let me bring you somewhere later before dawn."

A lone eyebrow raised. "And, if I say no?"

"Not an option, my Queen." Before she could respond, he pressed a light kiss on her cheek and vanished into thin air.

***

The majority of the wandering eyes were on her. When the King of Olympus would catch their stolen and sneaky gazes, the council would suddenly be interested in the architecture of the modernized version of the throne room sketched and created by the goddess of wisdom and god of blacksmiths and fire themselves. Whether or not the Queen noticed, her face remained ignorant and deadpan. Secretly, the electric glares thrown across the room ignited feelings of smugness. As much as she would retort and give a piece of her witty mind, she could not spoil the entertainment that befallen before her.