fifteen | Tormenting the Queen

WARNING: There are minor mature scenes later at the end.

Also, listen to the song :)

Tormenting the Queen

The intoxicating and luscious smell of mixed and divinely made alcohol lingered in the atmosphere, together with the muskiness and sweat that overpowers Dionysus' finest booze. The music, continuously slow and seductive, resonated around the room filled with the male deities of Olympus and nymphs under the service of the god of wine. The place was the private club of the gods located at the southern wing of the palace. A drinking parlor of sorts for the gentlemen.

Zeus sat on one of the single settees by the window, a drink in hand containing a 100-year-old scotch whisky. Though the smell of alcohol envelops his form, his mind was elsewhere. His mind was on certain ginger who disappeared on him right after capturing her plump addicting lips with a kiss for the first time in a long while.

His queen. She was gone for over seven moons now. Though her mind may have accepted and responded to his telepathic messages, his concern was ever-growing. It did not put his mind at ease when she informed him of her leave and settling personal matters in the mortal world. What might it be? They have always been informing each other of their secrets and concerns in the past. Now, they have grown apart and refused to confide in each other. The thought made his heart clench knowing that it was his fault for everything that had transpired between them.

Hera was a powerful goddess. Defending herself against enemies will be like second nature to her.

"I'm confident she can protect herself but that does not dismiss the fact that she can still be harmed in any way..." He muttered softly to himself. He shook his head and inclined the drink in his hand towards his mouth. The burning feeling traveled down inside him.

"Trouble in paradise, your Grace?" A seductive voice inquired. No doubt a sky nymph that longed for the Lord of the Sky's touches and ignorantly refuses to acknowledge the Queen's wrath upon his mistresses. On the other hand, Zeus did not respond to the nymph's phrase and simply stared out into space.

Her body swayed and proceeded on her advances, seeing the King's immobilized and distracted state, the nymph took advantage of the King. The flow of her hips matched the tempo of the background music. It was gradual and seductive, yet it did not appease the King of Olympus when he snapped out of his trance. His mind swirled as he made comparisons. The raspy voice of his mistresses to the sultry tone of Hera's voice. Dark curly strands to his Queen's ginger red wavy locks. Sky blue eyes similar to his own in comparison to her warm hazel orbs. Thinly anorexic to perfectly etched figure. Even the sensual movements made him cringe. Their eyes would hold desire and lustful gazes would be thrown towards his direction but with her, it was always accompanied with intoxicating passion and genuine affection that was intertwined with his soul. He always wondered why he often drifted when he had perfection in his hold and the woman who would love him for eternity. The King would always divert his attention to other women even with the presence of his lovely goddess. He was never satisfied with his immortal life and it was something he needed to finally address as it affected his marriage, most especially his wife.

He pondered on these thoughts for years and it has been arduous, especially since he's finally having a dose of his reality. Something was happening with his wife which is why he needs to get to the bottom of it. Her eyes were empty and devoid of emotion. His heart clenched at the thought of her hurting, after all these years she had endured everything he has done.

The kiss. The kiss they shared in the Thunder Temple. It was addicting and his heart sought its home. As nostalgic it was, it wasn't returned no matter how passionate it seemed. And to take into consideration Hera's adverse reaction afterward. The tone of her voice and the slight curve of her lips. He retained it all.