seventeen | New Year

New Year

The kalo podariko of the year was a brunette with unruly curls and remarkably perspicacious stormy grey eyes with a constant staid and somber owl.

Reddish, juicy pulps smeared on the majestic ancient entryway of the ballroom. No doubt they resembled the fingers of the goddess of wisdom. After all, it was tradition to fling pomegranate seeds as it is the symbol of prosperity and luck. The tradition began with the Lord of the Underworld, Lord of the Seas, and the Queen of Olympus fooling around right after being saved by the King of Olympus against their father. It all began when Hades and Hera concocted a plan to humiliate their brother for purposes of amusement which involved the pomegranate. If only the mortals and the younger generation deities knew the origin of the tradition; it would seem unbelievable.

Upon entering the ballroom, darkness would envelop each entity whilst the ceiling was transparent, providing the guests a full view of the night sky and its constellations. The theme of the year was a starry night which required the guests to wear illuminating gowns and suits. The tables were either pitch black or a midnight shade of blue. The muses were located at the center of the ballroom with their instruments and their silvery voices resonating the entire vicinity. Faint chatter could be perceived as the immortals enjoyed the presence of others. 

After being greeted with an incessantly warm embrace by her daughter, Hebe, with her joyous and youthful persona, and the apparent distasteful presence of her husband, Heracles, her Majesty finally fluidly reached for the half-filled wine glass containing Dionysus' hard liquor. As her sensual painted lips welcomed the intoxicating agent, the liquid that burned and flowed down her system caused addicting tingles at the tip of her fingers. Removing her ferocious thoughts against the immortal hero, her guarded hazel orbs inspected the vicinity and relished the tranquil scenery, together with the egregious jollity expressed by her tremendously extended family. 

Wispy golden blonde blocked her vision, where there was a polite expression and tremulous smile plastered on his face. He wore a bright yellow suit that matched his domain. There was no malicious intent in his baby blue orbs as he offered his hand to the Queen after respectfully lowering his head.

"May I have this dance, Lady Hera?"

There was an automated cold expression on her face as soon as her gaze settled on his. There was no questioning look on her features once she discovered who it was. There was always a silent understanding between the Queen and the god of truth as he cared deeply for his stepmother. No matter how absurd their origin story and her relationship with his birth mother were, he would always regard her as his own.

Their story began when the twins arrived in Olympus with their father. They grew up within the walls of the palace in the care of the servants and Queen Hera. The moment the Queen's gaze settled upon them, her features would often contort unpleasantly and her motherly aura turning into icy discomfort when she would happen upon them. Soon the rest were wary of the Queen's temper. After all, Leto was sentenced to suffer, preventing her from giving birth in any land. The Lord of the seas suffered her wrath for providing the necessary aid their cousin, the Titan Leto, needed.

Phoebus Apollo adapted rather harshly in his father's home. It was practically radiating off his stepmother that both of them weren't welcome within her humble abode. Regardless, there was no one preventing him from exploring and meeting new deities in the streets of Olympus. This resulted in perceiving a rather negative vibe from all the dwellers but he chose not to dwell on it; instead flashing a bright smile to everyone he passes by. He was filled with optimism, believing that each of them had good intentions. However, the charming smile seemed to only last for a while as it soon disappeared the moment he was oppressed for his cheery attitude, velvety skin, blotchy ruby lips, and long golden blonde locks that reached his waist.