eleven | First Mortal

This is a long chapter so it might take a long time for me to update the next one. Hope you'll like it.

Of course, please do give me your thoughts and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask (just don't ask what will happen later on in this story, ask if there's confusion from this chapter or the previous chapters). I'll try my best to answer honestly without spoiling anything.

Don't forget to press the star button!

Have a great day.

First Mortal

The reflection in her hazel orbs contained the heavenly light blue sky and the clouds that amassed directly above her. The view from her perspective was rather strikingly glamorous together with the sun chariot's light that brightened the entire area she currently occupied. The solid ground was nowhere near forgiving her back by being unable to ease discomfort though it was the bed of grass that soothed her. She had dominion over the Earth but not more than the vast heavens. Her arms spread wide as her fingers intertwined and clutched the grass, the soil began tainting her fingers and glowing skin. Her head rested on a hard stone whilst the wind carried strands of her ginger red locks.

After surviving centuries of wars between deities, mortals have emerged from what was known as the endless world. They were molded into their respective forms and given a short life to live before their spirits travel back to the Underworld, now being occupied by her eldest brother, Hades as the Lord of the vast realm. Her eyes fluttered close as she thought of her beloved brother. They haven't been speaking terms. Everything happened so fast, ending whatever bond they have formed soon after they departed, leaving everything unresolved. The sigh left through her nose as she thought about it.

Nowadays, she wasn't simply the young benevolent Queen anymore. Many of the deities learned to hold some great honor towards the goddess. There were some changes throughout the centuries, causing the rest to simply fear her angst and cold persona. The younger deities even tried their best to not cause any sort of insubordination. After all, the majority of them were children of the King of the Immortals from other deities. Though rarely it was for her Majesty to show kindness and compassion, it was there. A hint of sanity remained in her eyes. She had hoped that it would never diminish for fear of losing control of herself.

Momentarily drifting in between the realm of one of her precious attendants, Pasithea and the realm of sleep while the leader of the Onerei passed through one of the two gates (pylai) with pure white wings behind his back glowing as golden streaks inscribed with Ancient Greek writing surrounded his form, a sign that this was a deity-sent dream. Though, the idea of having to see the presence of three deities bothered her as the atmosphere of the realm drastically changed and morphed into a pool of darkness. Before her, the realm of Pasithea began submerging into the darkness while the god of sleep, Hypnos laid down on the obsidian floor, grey hair splattered with his eyes closed and arms crossed in a peaceful manner. The leader of the Onerei, Morpheus, lowered himself to the ground in front of the Queen, who was still standing firmly, being unable to move. He bore a great resemblance with his brother but his form was more transparent as an Onerei in another's dream.

"The blessed Almighty Queen of the Immortals, Lady Hera. As a dream messenger of the gods, this is a task to deliver a message of importance. A grave request from its origin though it consists of a large amount of energy, I have asked for the assistance of both Lady Pasithea and Lord Hypnos especially when there's an alteration with the request. I gather you would understand the situation once I have successfully done my part." Morpheus extended his wings and revealed his finger which was glowing, the source of power. He pressed his finger onto the Queen's head before the light expanded throughout the darkness, blinding Hera for quite sometime before it quickly dissipated.