sixteen | Moments shared, moments cherished

Song of the chapter: 1 step forward, 3 steps back by Olivia Rodrigo :)

Moments shared, moments cherished

Light roamed around the hollowness of the inverted cave. There was a reverse gravitational force that makes it difficult for a mere mortal to move around. Sounds of screams of anguish could be perceived together with frightening chills creeping on one's skin. However, there was an anomaly in the force and pressure at the entrance. It was negating which meant only one thing.

A gap.

A figure suddenly emerged that was noticed by no other than one of the guardians of the cave. There was no aura to perceive from the figure but its power is enough to reset the realms. But even they have limitations to such events which is why its essence is tied to the void and its champion was fated to become the balance of the world, negating the havoc and terror that lurks within it.

"This brother of yours appears to be a nuisance." The figure muttered, with such distaste.

His pale blue orbs widened at the sudden presence and acknowledgment. "It appears that most of my siblings are. After all, we did emerge from you, Mother."

The figure pressed her lips together with clear disappointment. She waved her arms in exasperation.

For a moment, she carefully thought of all the destruction that was caused.

She turned to meet the palest blue eyes and locks of hair nearly identical to her own.

"Power is achieved through misery and imbalance. For the gap to seal, the order must be kept at once." With that, the figure vanished.

•••

There was the intoxicating scent of lavender and honey that filled his senses and enveloped his entire form. The lightweight of another and limbs interlocked around his caused him to sigh in contentment.

Scenes of what transpired the night before remained fresh in his mind. He was aware of her defenses being lowered and he reminded himself not to take advantage of it when she regains consciousness. After all, he did deter her from escalating further as he knew that all hell would break loose once they've resumed to the next level. He did swear to mend the damage he had caused, and that included being patient and being exemplary, even if he was the exact opposite. At this moment, he did not wish for the moment to end but it was already the morning after, and with mornings, came numerous commitments to face and family to tolerate.

It was New Year's Eve after all. He was delighted that council meetings were scheduled on afternoons during New Year's Eve, and not their usual schedule every morning.

The heat of her exhaling was bouncing off his neck's base while her palm was pressed against his chest, directly on top of his beating heart. Once his eyes fluttered open against the light of the room that seemingly illuminated their private chambers, the view of ginger locks and the stunning features of his wife greeted him.

It has been years since they've enveloped and slept in a comforting embrace. Not to mention the inappropriateness of their attire which incited lubricious sensations to their groin. Thoughts were pushed aside even with his queen's leg laced around his, which was thankfully hidden with the comforter that securely hid their exposed bodies.

For a long time, he studied his wife's sleeping form and silently memorized and appreciated her striking features.

Her freckles.

Her small nose.

Her silky ginger hair.

Her rosy petulant lips. Those addicting lips that captured his own; and portions of his jaw, neck, and chest. The heat of those plump ones trailing on different areas of his body has been engraved in his lecherous mind.