Chapter 1

Jade's POV

"Hey babe." Beck, my boyfriend of three years, says as I walk into school.

"Hey." I say in a deadpan as I head to my locker, not up to dealing with him right now.

"What's wrong?" He asks, leaning against the locker beside mine, as if he doesn't remember last night at all.

"Oh, I don't know. How about my boyfriend got pissed because I wouldn't sleep with him last night?" I ask, glaring at him as I grab my books.

"I did not." He says, sighing, as I close my locker.

"Yeah, you fucking did." I say, putting my books in my messenger bag. "You were all grabby last night after the movie. And when I said no, you got pissed, called me a tease, and left." I say, walking away. "It's not my fault you can't keep it in your pants." I say over my shoulder as I walk towards Sikowitz's class.

The walk to class is quick, the remaining students wasting little time in getting out of my way as I stomp down the halls.

Walking into Sikowitz's, a take an and seat in the middle of the class, my best friend Cat taking the one beside me, leaving Beck having no choice but to sit away from me since the windows are on my other side, and the seats in front of us, behind us, and beside Cat, are already taken.

Ten minutes later, Cat trying to figure out why I'm not sitting with Beck, Sikowitz walks in through the window, yes window, nine minutes after the bell rang to start class.

"Hello class." Sikowitz says with a wide smile, tossing his tan bag aside.

"Hi Sikowitz!" Cat calls out, waving and bouncing in her seat.

"Cat. Down." I say, sending her a quick glare.

"Phooey." Cat says in response, sitting motionless as her hands plot to her lap.

"Anyway, who's up for some Improv?" Sikowitz asks, taking a coconut out of his bag, a pink straw already inserted.

"Ooh ooh. Me. Me." Cat says, wiggling in her seat, fighting the urge to raise her hand.

"Good. Cat. André. Jade. Beck. Robbie. To the stage." Sikowitz says, stepping off the stage and standing by the windows, watching the five of us walk up to the stage. "Someone give us a situation." Sikowitz says after taking a sip of his coconut.

"After a break up." Rex, Robbie's puppet, says from Robbie's seat. How, I don't know, since Robbie is already on the stage beside Cat.

"Good. Now, a location." Sikowitz says, obviously not affected by Rex talking without Robbie's help, like the rest of us.

"Restaurant." A female shrugger says from the back of the class.

"Good. A break up at a restaurant. Go." Sikowitz says, nodding to us.

Fifteen minutes later, after Sikowitz stopped the scene because he ran out of coconut milk, he released us, saying he had to get more coconuts. Yeah, I don't bother asking when it comes to him too much.

"So, why did you two sit apart from each other? Another fight?" André, the talented singer/songwriter/instrumentalist of the group asks as we head to the empty Black Box theater to waste time until the next class begins.

"None of your business, Harris." I say, glaring at the dark-skinned teen across from me.

"Alright, chill down." André says, raising his hands in mock defeat, looking away, voice trembling with slight fear.

"Is it my business?" Robbie asks, staring at me.

"What do you think?" Rex asks sarcastically, bouncing on Robbie's lap.