the last sunny day of november

Começar do início

He eagerly dragged me outside. He sighed and looked around. "I guess we're going to have to walk. Unless you know how to drive,"

I did, but had to ask my parents' permission to use their car. "I do, but I have to ask to ask my parents first,"

He nodded I went back to ask my parents. My dad said yes, so I just took that. I grabbed the keys and ran to Darryl. "Let's go, did you bring extra clothes?"

He forced a laugh, "I was hoping I would borrow some of yours,"

I sighed and gave him a reassuring smile. We hopped in my dad's car. I started the car and we started our first official date.

"Did you bring money?" I asked him.

"No," he answered slowly.

I sighed. I pulled out a few dollar bills from my pocket. "You're lucky to have me,"

He giggled guiltily. I smiled while focusing on the road. Once we got there, we had to pay for parking. I entered a few cents into the slot. Darryl waited for me, carrying our supplies.

Once I finished paying, Darryl eagerly pulled me to the sandy shore. He was wearing my favorite hoodie and black swim trunks. I raised an eyebrow. "You're not going to swim in my favorite sweater,"

He pulled off the sweater revealing his newly decorated arms. Instead of one bloody arm covered in white bandage wrap and the other covered in clean bandage wrap, one was covered with bandage patches, and the other with clean, white bandage wrap.

"You look different," I say, half joking.

He nodded and wrapped the sweater around his waist, "I wanted to take them off, but the marks last longer than you would think." I frowned.

"Come on now," he said, practically dragging me to shore. We set up a space. We set up towels and left our backpack of stuff, his glasses, and my sweater.

We walked over to the shoreline. Small waves hit our feet. "Do you know how to swim?" I asked him.

"I learned when I was four," he grabbed my hand and led me deeper into the ocean. Small ripples of water formed around us. He turned to me. He looked really pretty, especially his olive green eyes. He giggled playfully before splashing water onto to my face.

We were deep in the water, water up to our waist. I splashed water. I mocked his laugh before pushing a wave of water all over him.

"Zak!" He whined, brushing hair off his face.

I crossed my arms, "And it's ok it you do it to me?" I say in, leaning closer to his face trying to intimidate him.

We stared eye to eye when Darryl splashed me with water again. "Yes," he laughed while I rubbed my eyes.

"You're not funny," I muttered half-serious.

Darryl cupped his face in his hands, "You love me, I know you do," it was true but I didn't want to admit it.

"Whatever," we swam around for a few minutes before he grabbed my hand. He took me back to the sandy shore. He grabbed his glasses and handed me towels and our backpack.