This hasnt happened before

There we Stood having just witnessed pekoyama get killed and fuyuhiko be gravely injured. The little monokumas had just loaded him up on a cart and taken him to the hospital.

"Dont Go! I Need You!" Fuyuhikos anguished cry played on loop in my head. It was the first time I had seen him express so much emotion and vulnerability that it made it heart reneching whenever peko died.

I had no idea what I wouldve done in that situation. Would I have just been able to sit around and watch or would i have run in there to try and stop it by any means like fuyuhiko did.

"Hey are you okay?" I noticed hajime was asking.

"No Hajime im not okay but thats not important right now. Im just thinking."

He sighed and just did the only thing he could think of doing that would help any and just pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you." I said shoving my face in his chest momentarily.

Nagito seemed to notice this.

"Its okay Kiera-chan you may be filled with despair for now but just imagine the hope thatll come afterwards."

I just decided that for now and the sake of my sanity that I was going to ignore him. I could feel hajime giving him a dirty look though. I dont think there friendship really actually repaired itself after the first trial. Maybe when I was in a better mindset I could help them out but for now I was just going to worry about myself.

Hajime let go of me. I thanked him and headed back to my room not sure of what was going to happen next. But hopeing I could get some sleep so id be able to face it a little easier.

I woke up in the morning and just help but want to lay there. If I didnt get up then the outside world couldnt hurt me right? Knowing monokuma hed probably make the statement untrue but that didnt matter as much at the moment. Mostly because as much as I didnt want to get up I knew I had to because nothing was going to be changed by me lying here.

I begrudgingly got out of bed and got myself dressed. I decided to head to the cafteria for breakfast and was shocked to the scene to see what was waiting in the restaurant.

Everyone was there and Hiyoko was crying over not wanting them to burn what I can only assune was supposed to be a memorial for mahiru.  Im not going to lie it looked demonic though. Chiaki was doing her best to comfort Hiyoko and she started talking about how nice mahiru was. Everyone started crying recalling things about her. And I decided I would leave them to it because honeslty I knew if i went in there I wouldnt be able to handle it and I didnt want to start my day off crying.

I turned around and left almost as soom as I entered.

"Keira? What are you doing out here."

I didnt even need to look up to realize who was talking.

"It was getting kind of emotional in there and it was a little to heavy for me so early in the morning."

"I can kind of understand the feeling but for different reasons. I normally tend to watch from a distance because I seem to ruin the mood half the time."

I looked up at the fluffy haired boy
"I dont think thats entirely true."

"Ah its sweet of you to lie Kiera. It looks like whatever it was is calming down though so you should probably feed yourself something shouldnt you?" He said extending a hand to me.

I took it and stood up deciding that I
probably should get some food in me.
I headed towards the stairs only to see gundam was right ahead of me.

And what small amount of calm that had managed to seetle in the room was imeadlty shattered as soon as gundam noticed the shrine.

"What is this object that is realeasing such a foul aura! To think that such malice clings to mahiru even after death! Well surely be sucked in if we look directly at it."

"What a hopeless object, its abosulety
Brimming with malice. Lets hurry up and destroy it. I cant stand looking at it for even one more second."

Oh no why did they have to.

Hiyoko let out another wail and a few people gave them dirty looks. Meanwhile I was saddened by the ever so fleeting peace that had just been straight yeeted out of the room.

I could hear hajime sigh. While chiaki tried to convince them that they shouldnt smash hiyokos memorial.

I decided since it couldnt be avoided I was just going to grab some food amd eat while the chaos settled down again.

Some time passed and people stated talking about fuyuhiko. I decided to tune in to it while I finished my breakfast.

"I cant help but be concerned over fuyuhiko."

"I know I was up all night worrying over him." Sonia said.

"If only I wasnt so useless I would of been able to help him. Mikan basically cried."

"Why I dont think you should be worried about it." Akane said .

"And why is that? He was gravely injured." Soda said

"Now that ive got a belly full of food im all set."

Oh no I didnt like the way she was saying this. I liked akane and all but when she sets herself out to do something not much will stuff her.

and ready to avenge fuyuhiko by interogating monukuma."

"This seems like a bad idea akane." I said.

"Avenge you just want to test out your skills." Nekomaru said.

"Well yeah."

"Wow she just admitted it." Nagito chimed in.

"I think this is a terrible idea you rembered what happens when you try to harm him right?"

"Not if I can take him out with one hit!"

Monomi popped out of nowhere slightly distracting me from whatever akane was planning. And as everyone was shunning her hajime took pity on her and asked what she worked hard.  We found out that she had defeated another monobeast and there was another island to explore now!

Nagito suggested we should explore it but no one really wanted to listen intill Chiaki agreed with him in a slightly more reasonable way.

Did I dare to let myself hope that this island would be able to give us a way out of this crazy life and death game?
I didnt like our chances at the moment and I doubted it would be that easy. But even if it wasnt a way off at least it might be more things to do. With that in mind we decided to head to the new island.