4 Lyfe

"You did?" I ask with glassy eyes, my voice wavering slightly. She steps forward, both her hands on my face as she presses her lips into mine.

"I did." Resting her forhead on mine, my hot tears stinging against my cheeks.

"But you said-"

"I know, and I am so sorry for what I said. I was just scared, Scout. And I know it's no excuse but I— I just love you so much I get scared sometimes."

"I love you."

She pulls me into her warm embrace, squeezing me the hardest she ever has.

"And I love you."

________________________________

"That was fun." I say into the hot air, a cheesy smile on my face as my chest moves up and down, the pace of my heart slowly normalizing.

"The most fun." Sarah says after a small giggle and a kiss pressed to my head.

"It's always the most fun with you." I say turning on my side, leankng up on my elbows and looking down at the woman beside me.

"Is it? Am I the best you've ever had?" She asks obviously joking and when a laugh replaces my answer, her lips quickly pull away from mine. "You didn't answer."

"Yes, I did."

"You hummed, humming is not an answer."

"Sarah, obviously it's you. Don't even question it."

"Yeah, it better be, or else."

A brief moment of silence fills the air before the two of us bust out laughing. "That didn't work did it?"

"You trying to be stern? No, it didn't work."

________________________________

liked by pillypie22, mssarahcatharinepaulson and 582,624 others

scoutmonroe: Roomates 4 Life♥️

view all comments

mssarahcatharinepaulson: 4 Lyfe❤️❤️❤️

dakotajohnson: I was the best roomate💁🏻‍♀️

________________________________

Standing by the large glass window, I placed my hand across the icy, frozen glass. Smiling out on the brighter city before me.

Feeling arms snake around my waist, and hot breath on the back of my neck. I couldn't help but smile.

Everything worked out. Finally.

"I'm so happy you're here."

"I'm happy i'm here too." I can feel her smile behind me. Her words fall from her mouth with such ease and grace. "Roomates for life."

My phone rings from the table. "Wanna grab that for me? I'll get some wine."

"Sure will." Opening up the fridge I pull out the half empty bottle of Pinot. "It's Liz."

"Huh?"

"Liz is calling you."