Scouty Girl

"So, what now?" Dakota asks as we chat over cheese and crackers during our weekly get together. "Is she gonna break up with her girlfriend or what?"

"I don't know, I didn't ask." I say swallowing another large gulp of wine. It hadn't even been a full day since Sarah and I's interaction in my trailer.

I haven't even gotten my thoughts together yet.

"You're like the hot, young, mistress you know that?"

"They're not married, i'm not a mistress." I say matter of factly. "And it was definitely a one time thing, so it doesn't even count."

She pushed me up against the counter top of my trailer, her lips never leaving mine. A loud knock at the door sounded and both of our heads snapped in the direction.

"Places in 5." A PA said before running off to the next trailer.

"Jesus, that just scared the shit out of me." She speaks. Brushing her long blonde 'Cordelia' hair off of her shoulders. She really did radiate when she got into her Coven costume.

Not that she didn't already, this woman could wear a trashbag and still be the most beautiful woman in the room.

I wipe my lips, looking in the mirror of my phone to fix any makeup smudges. "Not that I don't love sneaking around to make out with you like we're in Highschool," she giggles. "but what exactly is this?"

"Well, i'm attracted to you, you're attracted to me. Is there really anything more to it?" She crosses her arms, coming off a little colder than I anticipated.

"You have a girlfriend, I think that would count as a little more to it." I use quote fingers, furrowing my eyebrows, my tone matching hers. "You know what, I really don't want to have this conversation right now." I walk towards the door and hold it open for the actress.

Hesitantly, she walks out the door and makes her way towards the set. I stand in the open doorway, composing myself and trying my hardest to push down any negative emotions that might arise.

The Los Angeles sun had just started to set, the sky being painted a dark purple with sprinkled grey clouds here and there.

It was chilly tonight, well as chilly as Los Angeles can get. It made me miss New York. I miss feeling the seasons.
Living in Hollywood it was just sunny and hot almost everyday, and when it rained people panicked and suddenly forgot how to function as normal humans.

I miss the rain. And the oh so lovely smell of wet trash during a summer rain storm. I take a deep breath and simply reminisce of the life I used to live, the life that was waiting for me back on the East Coast.

"Scout," A husky voice says, I look over and see Evan smiling and waving from the door of his trailer beside mine. "Hey neighbor."

"Hey, how is it going?"

"All fine and dandy over here." He jogs down the few trailer steps, I walk down and meet him in the middle. "How are you liking television so far?"

We start our walk towards set together. Evan is a sweetheart, I mean we've only had a handful of interactions but he just seems so down to earth and kind.

"It's different but good." I answer honestly, turning to him with a small smile. "Being on stage is so much different than acting for a screen but working with everyone here is definitely helpful."

"Good, i'm glad to hear that. And how about LA, do you think you could live here?"

"Nope." My immediate answer causes him to laugh. "It's not that I don't like it here but New York is my home you know? Nothing will ever compare."

"I totally understand what you mean, I-"

"Evan!" Emma calls from behind us. Our heads both whip around to the sound.

"I should probably get to that, we'll finish this conversation later Scouty Girl!" He jogs off in the opposite direction, leaving me there with a very confused look on my face.

"Did he just call me Scouty Girl?" I whisper to myself, standing there outside the soundstage.

"Did he just call you Scouty Girl?" Lily says from the doorway of the stage. "Hated that."

I laugh and join the woman inside the set, she throws her arm around my shoulder with a big smile. Sarah looks on from behind the large group of camera, watching Lily and I laugh with one another and walk in without a care.

We settle in a pair of chairs behind the cameras, Lily jumps up right away when she sees the brand new cookie tray that craft service provided.

And I just sit and scroll through my phone.

"Are you ignoring me now?" Sarah asks, appearing from virtually nowhere. I jump slightly at her voice but still continue scrolling through Twitter.

"Who says i'm ignoring you?"

"Well, you walked in and barley gave me the light of day."

"Sorry Queen Paulson, I wasn't aware I needed to bow down before you every time I enter a space you're in." I snap, looking up from my phone into her eyes.

A look flashes through her eyes and i'm not sure if she's hurt or angry. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Whatever, Sarah."

"Scout! You gotta get some of these cookies." Lily yells from the table, waving cookies frantically in the air.

I hop off the chair and head over to the cookie monster.

This is going to be a long, long few months.