Long Time No See

ONE YEAR LATER

Well, it's been a long year i'll tell you that.

After breaking up with Sarah it took me awhile before I could even see clearly again, everything just seemed so foggy.

But thankfully i've got some great friends, an invasive ass family, and a whole lot of alcohol.

I took home another Tony award, and ended up walking away from the stage a few months after. It was a tearful goodbye but long overdo.

New York just wasn't my home anymore. But, I didn't really know where my home was to be completely honest.

I also ended up opting out of Freakshow, obviously. It's not that I don't think I could've worked with Sarah, it's just I didn't want to work. Period.

Post breakup I sat down with Ryan and explained how I was feeling, he was bummed but he understood, and he insisted I come back later on down the road.

And I spent the rest of my time in LA or traveling around whenever Lily or Dakota had time off. I even went away with my parents a few times.

I also rekindled my friendship with an old pal, Busy Philipps. I met Busy when I was dating Liz, they knew eachother from something a few years back.

I guess when Liz and I broke up I just assumed she'd want nothing to do with my anymore? But I ran into her at a party and she insisted that was never the case.

Now she's one of my people.

I still missed Sarah, and thought about her more often than not. Sometimes when i'd be having a really good day or when something funny would happen, the first person I thought about was her.

There was so much I wanted to tell her, there was so much that happened in a year that she didn't know about.

The last time we talked was after I won my Tony:

Sarah Paulson
I knew you'd do it.
Congratulations, Scout xx

That was it, a simple text. To be quite fair that simple text put me in bed for three days. It was still hard to think about her, to think about all that we could've had together by now.

Shit, we would've been married by now.

I try not to think about it too much, it all gets a little too heavy. But I had a feeling I would be seeing her familiar face and cheesy smile rather soon: Lily's birthday was coming up, and her party was just a few short hours away.

This is the first time i'm seeing Sarah since our breakup, and I honestly wanted to vomit.

__________________________________

"Scout?" A voice calls from behind me, sending chills directly down my spine. I turn on my heels and am met with a face I hadn't seen in quite some time, but a face I could recognize anywhere.

"Lange, holy shit." She walks over, a bright smile on her face as a laugh escapes her lips. Wrapping her arms around me and swaying us side to side.

"You look amazing, darling. It's been too long."

"Far too long." I assure her, genuinely happy in her embrace. She pulls away, her hands on my shoulders as she looks my body up and down.

"Los Angeles certainly is agreeing with you dear. I heard you've been staying local? No more New York?"

"Not since I left the show. I've been staying around here, hanging out with Lily and enjoying the sun."

"Good for you, it makes me so happy to hear you finally settled somewhere." She said with actual truth in her voice. Jessica always cared for me, it had been so long since we last spoke I guess I kinda forgot. "I'm sorry to hear about Sarah."

"It's really fine, it was the best for both of us, honestly."

"Was it really?"

Lily calls me in the background, something about checking the quiches in the oven. Jessica's eyes never leave mine as she chills continue to run up and down my spine.

"I should go check on Lily." She nods, giving my shoulders one last squeeze before walking away and disappearing around the corner behind me. "Fucking witchy King Kong intuition." I say under my breath.

"There you are!" Lily says exasperated as I walk into the kitchen. Dakota leans against the fridge in between us, sipping on her mimosa and simply enjoying herself. "Where were you?"

"I was just talking to Jessica. Do you guys think I shouldn't have broken up with Sarah?"

"Jessica who?" Dakota asks.

"Lange." The two of them stay quiet, neither making an attempt to answer the question at hand. "Hello? Are you going to answer my question?"

The two of them share a look with one another.

"I'm not telling her, you do it." Dakota says, walking away from the two of us.

"No Scout, we don't think you should have broken up with Sarah." Lily says in a huff. "The two of you were literally made for eachother and I would hav-"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't think you guys were actually never going to speak again. I figured soulmates find their way back to one another eventually, but then an entire year passed and I figured it was too late for my two cents."

"Oh my god, you've got to be kidding me."

My head falls into my hands, my back becoming increasingly sweaty. Wiping the sweat from my forhead I just shake my head.

"Lily, you do realize you're telling me all of this literally minutes before I see her again, right?"

"Who's this her we're speaking of?" A voice booms from behind me, I freeze, my back turned to her. "Please don't tell me you have a new girlfriend I have to duel or something."

"Sarah!"

Authors Note:

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT, AHHHHH