A Sudden Realization

It's been a few months since I ended everything with Sarah, and it's been a few weeks since filming ended. We were fine, acted as professional as we could given the circumstances.

My parents are in LA now, at least for the time being, they're staying at their place in Bel-Air and it's  honestly been nice having them around.

I guess I got so used to being on my own I forgot how much I liked having them around.

I came clean to my Mother about Sarah eventually, she already knew about it; or at least suspected, she said it was either her or Lily I was sleeping with.

She's freaky with stuff like that, she always knows what I'm doing before I even do.

When Liz and I broke up, she called me five minutes after it happened, said she just got a sudden flow of bad energy.

She's witchy. Very, very witchy.

"Hey!" Dianna said marching to my house, Dakota following closely behind. "What's up lover?" She kisses the side of my head. And sets a bottle of wine down on the table with a smile.

"I hate that you two are together again." Dakota says behind her, plopping down on the stool beside me.

"Well, hello to you too." I say throwing a pen at her, she just sticks her tongue out and throws it back. "And we're not together."

"Well, you guys are damn well close."

"You're just jealous because Scout is spending more time with me than you, loser." Dianna says searching for a wine opener.

"Actually no, i'm jealous that i'm the only one in this goddamn group that isn't getting any."

"Hey, I haven't gotten any in a few weeks." Lily says from the kitchen entryway. "Hamish is away."

"Oh no, poor Hamish is away." Dakota mocks earning a shove from Lily, who wraps her arms around me from behind, swaying our bodies side to side.

The sound of the bottle opening causes us all to snap in the direction of the sound.

"Let's get this shit going, bitches!"

A few hours later we were all sitting in my bed, eating cheese and talking shit. You know, adult stuff.

"I need more wine." Dianna says, shifting from off of my shoulder and heading out the door, Dakota follows promptly behind her dancing with her glass in the air.

"So," Lily says with a small smirk. "have you spoken to Sarah?"

"Uh, no. I have not, at least not since we stopped filming."

"Oh, I didn't even know you guys spoke then."

"Yeah, nothing special. I just said goodbye at the wrap party and she gave me a small hug, it was cordial."

"Hmm."

"Why?"

"Oh nothing, she's just been asking about you." She says, popping a piece of cheese in her mouth and looking around the room.

"Really? Asking what?"

"Just if the rumors about you and Dianna were true and if you've asked me about her and all that kinda stuff, you know girl stuff." I just nod and drink the last sip of my wine. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course Lily, you don't need to ask." I say with a small laugh.

"Do you honestly think you'll ever get back together with her? Like if she was to break up with Holland and you guys got a chance to have a real relationship?"

I think for a moment. Not really sure If I even had an answer to give her.

"You know, I really don't know." I take a breath, trying to form my thoughts into words. "I try not to think about it, or at least try not to worry about it. I'm enjoying my life right now, and with Dianna...I'm just having fun. I can't worry about what the future will or won't hold. I'm just gonna let it be until it happens, and if it doesn't then i'll move on."

"You are the smartest fucking person i've ever met." I throw my head back in laughter, as our laughs fill the silent air. Dianna marches back up the stairs with Dakota not far behind.

"Alright, let's watch Sex and the Citayyy!" Dakota yells flopping onto my bed and nearly spilling her wine all over the place.

Everything I said to her way true though. If Sarah pounded on my doorstep in the middle of the night and pleaded at the top of her lungs that she loved me, I don't think I would go running back like I might have a few months ago.

I've grown a lot over that time, and it's gonna take a lot more than a sudden realization to bring me back to her.

_________________________________

"We should run away together."Dianna says that next morning, just as the sun begins to rise over the smalled buildings of the skyline.

Facing me, she smiled brightly.

"Where would you like to run too, my dear?"

"Italy."

"Yeah, I think I can figure that out."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not. I have a bunch of time off until I start doing press."

"Let's do it."

"You bitches better bring me." Dakota yells from behind me, throwing her arm around and smacking me across the face. "I will not be left out of the weird, lesbian, friends with benefits activities just because i'm not having sex with either of you."

I just shake my head, Dianna lets out a small giggle. "You hear me?!"

"It's kind hard not to Dakota."

_________________________________

Authors Note:
The gang is back!!

Also, FORESHADOWING, FORESHADOWING, FORESHADOWING.

Also also, do you guys want to see what I look like? I kinda want to like make new friends and shit so Idk🤷🏽‍♀️