Suprise Hellos & Suprise Goodbyes

"I'm still so sorry I can't come with you guys to the airport." I apologize for what must have been the hundreth time. Sarah and Lily both let out the biggest sighs and immediately start protesting against my apology.

"Will you stop apologizing already, it's totally fine." Lily reassures, double checking her bag that hung off her shoulders.

We all stand near the door, there's a sinking feeling in my chest as I watch them double check all their bags.

"You okay?" Sarah asks, knocking me out of my thoughts the two of them look at me with worried expressions plastered across their faces.

"What? Oh yeah, i'm fine." They obviously don't believe as their expressions don't change. "Guys, seriously, i'm fine."

"Alright, well we have everything." Lily speaks up after a few moments of silence. "Here comes the hard part."

Walking forward she wraps her arms tightly around my frame, pulling my body into hers as I hear a small sniffle.

"Relax. I'm not going off to war, Rabe" I say jokingly, patting her back and giving her a tight squeeze.

"I know, I know. But who am I supposed to eat stale triscuits and watch the sunset with?"

"We'll do plenty of that when I come back home." She pulls away, her hands on my shoulders as her eyes glaze over. "Are you really crying right now?"

"Oh shut up, i'm hormonal and emotional." Shoving my shoulder she spins around, wiping the tears from her eyes and grabbing her suitcase. "I'll give you guys a minute. I love you, kid."

"I love you more, Rabe."

The door closes behind her, leaving Sarah and I standing alone in the doorway of my now extremely quiet apartment.

"I can't believe this is good-" She cuts me off, looking down at her feet.

"No, we promised not to say goodbye."

"Right." Her eyes finally look up and meet mine, reaching my hand out to her she takes it softy in hers and moves forward.

Pressing her lips against mine with my body pulled in close to hers.

My mind starts racing, the idea of being alone in this big city with the love of my life living across the country just became so abundantly clear.

I have an idea.

"Move to New York." I say on an impulse, my mouth moving too fast for my mind to stop it. She moves her head back, looking at me with the same furrowed expression from before.

"Huh?"

"Come on, move to New York. Be with me."

A wave of silence falls over the two of us, she looks frantically between the two of my eyes.

"I can't." Letting go of my body she takes a step backwards. "I just can't, I'm sorry Scout."

I stand there in awe, she grabs her bag and swings it over her shoulder before stepping forward and pressing a quick kiss to my lips.

"I'll call you when we land."

She quickly walked out the door, the sound of it closing reverberates in my ears for what seems like hours.

And just like that I was alone, completely alone.

__________________________________

"She just left?" Dakota asks on the other side of the phone.

"Literally just walked out the door and left." I say ducking and weaving my way through the crowded New York City streets.

Opening up the door to the rehearsal space i'm met with an all too familiar smell.

It smells like broadway.

"Alright I gotta run, I just got to the studio space."

"Well, have the best first day and call me after, okay?"

"Will do, talk later." Pressing the end button I walk towards the elevators and press the fourth floor.

My heart racing and my palms sweating, I bopped my leg impatiently waiting for the doors to close.

I can't believe it, I was finally home.

"Hold the doors!" A voice yelled, I swung my hand forward in between the closing slabs of metal.

The figure ran into the gap, and the air was sucked right out from my lungs.

"Liz?"

"Suprise!"

"Wh- What are you doing here?"

"Marie didn't tell you? I'm your co-star."