LAX to MSY

"Goodmorning!" I said with a smile as Sarah opened up the car door. Clutching onto her pillow, with sunglasses on and a look of pure disappointment on her face.

She climbed in the car and I saw Holland behind her with a blanket. "Hey Scout, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, and you?" I say, clutching tightly onto my phone in my hand.

"Doing great. Alright, call me when you land alright."

"I will." I look out the window when I see Holland lean forward and give Sarah a quick kiss. "Have fun guys!"

The car door closes and the car starts to pull out of the driveway. "Sorry about that." She interwining our fingers, I show her a small smile but go back to looking out the window.

It's strange that she feels the need to apologize for kissing her girlfriend in front of me, I was just the inamorta after all; but I appreciated the gesture nonetheless.

I know she doesn't want to hurt me, and I honestly had no right to be mad but...I don't know, this is weird situation and all of my feelings are invalid and I don't like it.

_________________________________

"Whatcha listening to?" Sarah asks leaning over the chair in the first class lounge.

I take one of my headphones out and pass it to her with a smile. I watch as her face suddenly lights up at the realization of the song.

"I love this song."

"Me too."

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Carole King booms through the headset. Our eyes never leaving one anothers as the song came to a close.

"What's going on with the two of you?" Lily asks, standing in front of us with furrowed eyebrows and a tray full of coffees.

"Huh?" I ask, honestly not hearing what she had said.

"I said what's going on with the two of you." She hands the two of us our respective cups, the look on her face never changing.

"Not sure what you mean." Sarah says matching her expression.

"All the intense eye contact and cheesy smiles, looks like you guys are in love or something." She shrugs it off and sits down beside me.

"Oh, you don't know the half of it." Sarah says under her breath as she takes a sip from the paper cup.

_________________________________

Coincidentally I was sat next to Lily on the flight, and Sarah was in front of us.

She begged Lily repeatedly to switch but naturally she refused. I pulled out my phone as the two women bickered in the background.

Me
Just got on the plane,
i'll text you when I land.
Love you♥️

I sent to both Dakota & Dianna, and My Mother before turning my phone to airplane mode.

"Scout, tell her you want me to sit next to you." Sarah argued from over the seat.

"I'm not getting involved in this." I say putting my hands up in defense and stifling a laugh. Sarah's jaw drops and Lily proudly looks up at her. "What?"

"I hate the both of you." She slides down defeated in her chair as an older gentleman makes his way down the aisle and next to her.

Lily and I laugh to ourselves, earning a middle finger through the center of the seat from Sarah.

We hadn't even left the aiprort but I was already having a blast.

I love my job.