Chapter 1

Y/n POV

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I groan, trying to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. When I fail to find it, I open my eyes and sit up. It was on the other side of the room, with a certain heroic spirit in blue spandex. "What are you doing in my room, Lancer?" I rub my eyes, yawning.

"I was told to make sure you wake up after your all-nighter last night." I blink a few times, looking at the ground while Lancer spoke, trying to wake myself up completely. "I wasn't expecting you to be so attractive and vunerable first thing in the morning."

I blush, looking back at the heroic spirit who was now by my bed side. I quickly get up, and punch his chest. "Shut up and get out of my room. I need to get ready for school."

"Alright. I was just teasing you." He says with his goofy smile before going into spirit form.

I sigh before going to my closet and grabbing my school uniform. "That heroic idiot needs to stop being such a flirt. He'll likely find himself dead, again, if he doesn't." I pause before shaking my head. "I also need to stop talking to myself in the morning."

-=Timeskip=-

I leave my room, walking to the front door of the church. I stop in my tracks when I see Gilgamesh standing there. "What do you want?"

Gilgamesh looks over at me, smirking. "I thought that you would over sleep, and I wanted to see the look on your face when you were running out the door."

"How does it make the half-mongrel king feel knowing that I woke up on time?" Gilgamesh's smirk disappears as he glares at me. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have school." I walk past him, trying not to smirk as I did.

-=Timeskip=-

I walk through the school gates, feeling a surplus of mana. My eyes widen, realizing a mage was planning on using the school and all the students in it to make more mana. Before anything else, I walk to the stair well by the school's archery range. There I spot Rin, who was watching as Sakura walked away in the other direction. Sometimes I feel sorry for them, but right now I can't focus on that. "Rin. We need to talk."

"Y/n, I suppose you sensed it too." She asks me, turning around to face me.

I walk closer to her, before I open my mouth. "Yeah. I'm going to guess that you're not the one who set it up, after all, you don't like to bring innocents into mage business." My words were quiet, so only she could hear me.

She nods in response before opening her mouth to speak. "You know me so well. Anyway, we know it can't be Sakura, she wouldn't do something like this. The only other member of the Matou family that goes to our school is Shinji, but I doubt it's him." Rin thinks aloud.

"You're thinking there's another mage here, aren't you?"

She nods. "Until we can check out the magic circles and determine what kind of bounded field it is, we should go about our day like normal, this time keeping an eye out for anything strange."

"Right."