Undercover Mission

Check out emieowo on Tumblr (the Ezra art) 

and Sarah Anderson (Kanan and Hera art) 

This one is gonna be a lot longer than my others because it's not just a one-shot it's an actual mission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Hera's POV: 

       "Our next OP is a little different than our previous ones." I say slightly nervous to describe it. Even this mission is a bit out of my comfort zone. 

     "How different?" Looking beside me I see Sabine tilting her head with curiosity hiding behind her eyes. I sigh. 

       "It's an undercover mission...." I start to add a second part to the statement but Ezra cuts me off abruptly. 

       "Easy. What're we doing? Stormtroopers? Pilots?" 

       "Gala members." I state blankly interrupting Ezra's continuous questions. Everyone stares at me with a shocked expression plastered on their faces. I straighten my back and press down on a button opening a file on the Holotable, "Our mission is to infiltrate a high-class ball gala and retrieve a Datacard that contains the whereabouts of a large amount of medical supplies meant for the Empire." 

       "High-class? I don't exactly fit the 'high-class' look Hera." Ezra starts to complain. I raise my hand, signalling him to stop.   

       "I know it's not our usual type of mission but Commander Sato has trusted with this task so we will do our best to complete it. Any questions?" I finish my rant crossing my arms looking around at the annoyed, embarrassed, and confused looks I'm getting. Sabine clears her throat. 

       "High-class meaning dresses?" She asks me avoiding looks from everyone but me. I sigh and set a hand on her shoulder. 

       "I don't care what you wear as long as it's formal. No armour, leather, or blasters visible." I nod reassuringly. I feel Sabine relax under my touch. 

       "Get ready, we're leaving in an hour." I dismiss the group turning off the projection. Everyone hesitates before Ezra starts walking towards The Ghost, then everyone else dissipates from the table. Kanan walks up beside me slowly.  

       "The day you wear anything but cargo pants is a day to remember." He sets his hand on mine, teasing me without malicious intent. I glare up at him. 

       "And any day you wear a tux is a day to celebrate." I set my hands on his shoulders gently looking into his blind eyes. He rolls his eyes dramatically. 

       "Don't remind me." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabine POV: 

       It's not that I don't like dresses but when on a mission they're sooo impractical. Try running up stairs or jumping off a building in a huge gown, you can't. I do however have something in mind. Something that I have stored away. 

       A formal Mandalorain one piece outfit that I've never worn. I walk over and click open a drawer next to my bed. I see the pristine red silk and pull it out with a long sigh. It was my mother's a long time ago, when she was my age.  It hurts me to look at but I'll do what it takes to make this mission successful.