Rise of the Old Masters Part 2

Part 2 of 3. 

~~~ This story was suggested/inspired by @Harrichristy123456 comment ~~~ 

      Sabine and Kanan formed a plan to get inside the prison Luminara was being held in. We sneak in through the lower levels and take a lift up top, less guards and an easy way in and out. It should be easy but knowing our luck somethings going to go terribly wrong.

       We all load into The Phantom sitting cramped in the small ship's seats. I sit across from Kanan who seems oblivious to the emotions that I haven't even been hiding. I'm just trying to get his attention for a moment, just long enough for him to clue in that I don't want to be passed down to Luminara, but he's so focused on rescuing her he doesn't pay attention to me.

       Zeb banters with Chopper over his ComLink, as Hera departs from The Ghost. The atmosphere of the planet rocks the ship back and forth in quick jerking movements. I look between the three people around me.

       Zeb cracks his neck a couple times smiling like he's already imagining smashing troopers. Sabine slides her helmet over her head checking her equipment and Kanan sits with his eyes closed meditating. I find the practice boring and tiresome.

       We all rise from our seats when the sharp pointed mountains come into view. I cross my arms and wait for orders.

       "Thirty seconds. Good luck." Hera turns her head slightly. The mountain comes closer and closer, the giant prison becomes clear and the mission is officially on. No turning back now.

       "Luck? We're gonna need a miracle." Zeb rolls his eyes. I'm with him, this plan seems impossible on its own but having a Jedi Master inside the building increases security and will definitely make it harder to do.

       Sabine reaches behind her back and pulls out three spheres. I immediately recognize them as her detonators.

       "Here are three." I can almost see her smile from under the helmet. Zeb is the first to grab one of the bombs, I grab the second and Sabine keeps the third. I smile looking at the little thing. Kanan twists his head to face me.

       "Try to stay focused." He states plainly. Things have been a little tense since my blow up a couple hours ago, almost a day now.

       "I thought there was no try." I smile deviously, referring to the training on top of The Ghost where Kanan quoted Master Yoda. Kanan frowns and looks away at my remark. I thought maybe he would be glad I actually paid attention to him during training but guess not.

       Hera dives closer to the platform. The hatch opens and the freezing air whips me in the face. Kanan kneels to the ground before dismounting off of the ship in a flip. I run to the door and watch in awe as he lands perfectly and immediately is ready to fight.

       He grabs the Stormtrooper's gun and hits him in the neck immobilizing him. With the next trooper he sweeps a leg under his knees and trips him onto the ground with ease. I smile and without thinking about the mission or my own abilities. I start to jump off of the ship.

       "Kid, wait?! What are you doing?" I hear Zeb but it's too late. I'm already committed to jumping and I start falling. I regret my choice and start yelling, falling without control. I tuck in my legs and try to land in a somersault. It somewhat works but I end up flopping on the ground hitting my back into the loud metal door.

       I open my eyes and quickly stand up backing away from the door waiting for troopers to burst through. I accidentally bump into Kanan but revert my attention to the door again. After a long pause I relax my shoulders.

       "What just happened? You were supposed to exit with Zeb!" Kanan whisper yells at me. I stick my elbow out making sure he keeps his distance from me, "You're luck every Stormtrooper doesn't know we're here." He crosses his arms but he doesn't have much time to do so because the door starts to open. I jump in surprise but see Kanan was ready for it.

       Four more stormtroopers stand at the door exit and exchange confused glances when they see us two. Kanan reaches his arms out and calls the first two's blasters to his hands. He catches them and throws the two over the edge. Sabine and Zeb jump down from the Phantom and join the fight. 

       Four stormtroopers remain. Sabine immediately tosses one over the edge. Kanan pushes his arms out forcing the two stormtroopers over the ledge using the force. and Zeb takes care of the last one. 

       Kanan starts walking towards me and I can fell another lecture coming. 

        "Stunts like that put us all in jeopardy." He leans down to my level, which I always find annoying when people do. If you're gonna talk to me, do so in a way that doesn't emphasize the fact I'm short. (honestly one of my own pet peeves for I am very short) 

       I look to the ground avoiding Kanan's angry gaze as he continues the lecture. 

       "This is exactly why you need Master Luminara to teach you discipline." He catches my attention my jabbing his extended finger into my shoulder. I keep my gaze down. Something I've learned from the streets. Don't make eye contact and they'll stop yelling quicker. 

       "I was just following your example." I counter, disregarding my own rule. 

       "Yeah? Well, try to stay focused and follow the plan instead." Kanan straightens his back. 

       "I hate to interrupt, but we need the kid to unlock the door." Sabine turns her head to look at me. I pull out my tool and run to the door finally feeling like I could be of use. Plus a chance to get away from Kanan is one I'll take. 

       We walk inside. I feel kinda proud that I did something that benefits the team but am immediately shot down by Kanan purposefully shoving into me. 

       I swear for the amount of talks Sabine and I get for not being 'mature' he acts like a teenager himself. 

       "You're welcome." I wave my hand trying to get a little recognition. Zeb's hand slaps down on my head and he comments rudely. 

       "You did your job. You want a medal?" I look down again trying to get him to back off. 

       "Luminara's here. I sense her presence, but it's. Clouded." Kanan interrupts with his eyes closed 'listening' to the Force. I roll my eyes and run to catch up with the group as they head down the dark barely lit halls.

I'm gonna do a HUGE time skip in the next part just because this is taking way longer than I hoped. Also sorry for such the long wait, writers and art block in the same week sucks. Suggestions for up coming stories?