Javid: Playground

Les POV

"Davey, come on," I whined. "Sally and I have a date today at the playground down the street,"

Davey gasped. "A date?"

Jack chuckled. "You heard the kid, Babe. He has a girlfriend. So what?"

"He's my baby brother Jackie. I don't want him to have a girlfriend yet."

Jack hopped on Daveys' back as I locked the door. We walked out of the building, getting a nasty look from some middle-aged woman. As we showed up at the park, Jack and Davey walked to the swings. I walked over to the slide, where I saw Sally waiting.

I smiled. "Hi, Sally!"

"Hey, Les! Do you wanna go kick those two teens off of the swings?" Sally asked me, pointing at Jack and Davey.

I looked at my brother. "Yeah. Sure."

I grabbed Sally's hand and walked over to my brother and his boyfriend.

"Davey. Jack. Can you leave?" I asked.

"Okay, kid. Let's go, Babe," Jack said, ruffling my hair.

I saw them walk over to the monkey bars.

Sally giggled. "Who was that, Les?"

"Just my older brother and his boyfriend. They're in high school."Sally smiled at me as we watched Jack climb the monkey bars.

"Jack Francis Sullivan-Kelly! Get down from there!" I heard my big brother chide.

Sally and I snickered at the immature acts of my future brother-in-law.

"I won't get down until I get a kiss!" Jack said back, making kissing noises at my brother.

"Jackie, please get down. You'll pass out."

Jack tried to peck Davey on the lips. Davey moved out of the way.

"I won't kiss you until you get down. I won't ask you again. Get down from the monkey bars."

"THAT'S PDA!" Sally and I yelled, running over to the monkey bars where Jack and Davey were arguing.

I whispered something to Sally. We walked over to Jack and started tickling his sides.

"Okay," Jack hissed. "I'm getting down."

Jack dropped from the monkey bars and trotted over to my brother.

"Alright, Les. We have to go home for supper." Davey said, pecking Jacks' lips.

As we walked home, I looked back at Sally. She was playing tag with some of our friends at school. Her hair was blowing in the wind with a big smile plastered across her face.

"Les. Did you hear me?" Jack asked, tapping the top of my head.

I didn't respond.

"I asked what this Sally is like."

I looked at Jack. "She's a plum!" I said as Jack and Davey whacked me over the head with their caps.