Blush: This is Going to Shit

Blink POV

I laughed and sang with the rest of the newsies at the rally and I see a figure run out of Irving Hall. I tap Specs on the shoulder and told him that I was going to head back to the lodge.

"Stay safe brudda." Specs replied, turning his attention back to Medda's song.

I ran out of the theatre and down the street. Distant crying could be heard from an alley. I knew that cry. Mush. I ran down the alley to be met with a shaking sobbing Mush. I scooped the boy up in my arms and carried him to the lodge.

When we got into the lodge, I walked up the creaking stairs and placed Mush on my bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him playing with his hair.

Mush rubbed his face into my chest, as if he was trying to make everything go away. I pushed his head off my chest and put my hand under his chin, forcing him to look me in the eye.

"It's just... it's just that Jack has been putting so much pressure on me because I... because I didn't get Crutchie out of the square in time. He... he yelled at me over it the other night." He stuttered, something that only happens when he's upset. 

I looked at my boyfriend. "Can I hold you?" 

Mush nodded, his watery eyes shining with the reflection of the moon.

"Can you name all the brown things you can see?" I asked the shaking boy, rocking him back and forth.

"Race's cigars, your eyepatch," Mush stuttered, looking around the room. "Jack's wooden box, my photo album."

"Okay. Good job. Can I kiss your forehead?" I asked.

Again, Mush nodded, a sniffle escaping his nose. 

"Can you count count backwards by threes from fifty?" I asked, kissing the boys' forehead.

After my boyfriend finished counting, I praised him again.

"Can you sing me a song?" I asked, hoping he would let me hear his angelic voice.

(I know this song is originally in Italian. Sorry fellow Italians.)

"Beyond the Jordan, you will see me, Spirit dancing in the dark. Shining in the dark, Like a party in heaven. Joy in the world and to you wherever you are. That ignites the spirit in the dark. Feel your heart is now on the peaks, And ignite the spirit in the dark. Yeah, oh yeah. I ignited my spirit in the dark. From that dark smell of tears, Give me your daily kiss, Unlimited my torment. This love of mine is sacred and profane, That lights up the spirit in the dark. I would like to see the whole world celebrating. That lights up the spirit in the dark, Yeah. That lights up the spirit in the dark, Oh yeah. Lost in the fog, I am now as I am. Joy in the world and to you wherever you are. That ignites the spirit in the dark. I see more light in the depths of your eyes, that ignites the spirit in the dark, Yeah. That ignites the spirit in the dark, Oh yeah. Yeah. Oh, somebody save me. There is no love around us. Joy in the world and to you wherever you are, That ignites the spirit in the dark. I would like to see the whole world celebrating. That lights up the spirit in the dark. Oh who lights up the spirit in the dark? Yeah. The darkness comes on, The darkness comes on. Turns on the dark, Spirit in the dark. Turn on the dark, Turn on the dark. The darkness comes on. Spirit in the dark. The darkness comes on, The darkness comes on. Turn on the dark, Spirit in the dark" Mush sang. 

I put my hands together is applause. My boyfriend had a flush of red rise to his cheeks, and buried his face into my chest.

"One last thing. Name the five buroughs of New York." I said, kissing the top of his head.

"Manhatten, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Saten Island." he said

Since Mush was still frowning, I knew I had to take durastic measures. I pushed him down, pulled up his shirt, and started tickling his stomach. I didn't stop until I heard the angelic laugh that I've loved scince I met Mush.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked Mush, who was running out of air.

Mush once again nodded his head. "I love you so much." he said after catching his breath.

"I love you too." I responded, pulling Mush closer to me, as I fell into a deep sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

Here you go newsiesfan15 Hope you enjoyed it!

Up next: @grassed23 's request