Sprace: Because I Love You

Race drug himself up the stairs and into the small apartment he shared with his best friend. He thought that Spot would still be at work, but he was wrong. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Spot asked, looking at Race's busted lip, black eye, and bruises. "I have been waiting for two hours! You had me worried sick!"

Race hung his head and took his shoes off, moving to sit on his bed.

"Come back here!" Spot exclaimed, putting his hand out to stop the door from slamming. "I'm not done with this conversation!"

"Well, I am. I don't want to talk about it or make you feel the need to take care of me because I can take care of myself!" Race raised his voice and turns away from the door.

Spot stormed around the bed. "I'll ask you again. What happened?" Spot's voice stayed level, scaring Race even more.

Race shook his head. "Why do you need to know? God damn! You aren't my fucking mom!"

Spot, for the first time, raised his voice to a shout. "Because I love you, okay! I wanna know what's wrong and take care of you! I wanna kiss you and hug you and do all that gross couple shit! I asked you because I care and I think it's about damn time I tell you!"

Race flinched as Spot was yelling. "I'm sorry," Race's voice dropped to a whisper. "I got mugged and I didn't want you to worry because I know that means you don't sleep well. I didn't want to tell you for your own health." Race's eyes started to well with tears.

"Hey, hey," Spot crouched down so he was eye-level with Race. "Don't cry, Bub. I hate seeing you cry."

Race flung his arms around Spot's neck. "And for the record," he wipes his eyes with his left hand. "I love you too."

Spot smiled, pulling Race off the bed and into his arms, putting him in the bed, lying next to him after taking his shirt off.

Race traced Spot's abs. "You're handsome."

"You're beautiful," Spot said, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. "You're tickling me, Racer."

Race blushed, hugging Spot. "I'm sorry for not telling you when you asked."

Spot shook his head. "Don't be. I'm just glad you're okay. In the morning, we are going to clean your cuts and ice all of your bruises."

Race nodded and laid his head on Spot's chest. "Does this mean we are dating now?"

"I guess it does. Now get some sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up."

Newsies OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara