Chapter Six: The New Insecurities.

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth was done sorting everything out and put everything in the box – she got on her feet, "Don't worry about it – I can make it," She offered. Silas suddenly sits straight – his eyes red while he tried to wake up, "Nah, I am good – fresh as a daisy," He said. Marcus smashed his lips together and looked away as well – while Maria tried to hold in laughter. Elizabeth – offended by Silas's reaction – rolled her eyes. She took a sample cloth from the box and threw it at Silas who grinned, "You are a jerk." She said. Silas rolled his eyes, "Elizabeth, I am sure poison would taste better than your coffee," He smirked. Marcus slightly shook his head – he loved his siblings but he doesn't like how Silas is always making fun of Elizabeth, "Silas," Marcus tried to interject soft with the smile still playing on his lips. Silas shrugged, "What? It is true. I had the coffee she made," Silas laughed.

Elizabeth narrowed her eyes, "Maybe you can be sure about that when I give you the poison," Elizabeth shot back. Silas shrugged again, "I am all up for it – I am sure it will taste as honey compares to the coffee you made," He joked again. Elizabeth clenched her jaws and narrowed her eyes. She kicked his leg and groaned before she stomped her foot and angrily strode away – leaving Silas laughing and Maria and Marcus smiling. Maria playfully slapped his arm, "Silas, you are such a jerk," She points out. Silas grinned and kissed her cheek softly, "But you love this jerk and you will be stick to this for life – kind of feel bad for you," Silas kids with her before he placed another kiss on her cheek.

Marcus – who watched them and sighed and got up from the couch, "Okay, before you two get all lovey-dovey with each other," He paused and looked at the sleeping dog, "And before he wakes up," he said flatly. "I am leaving," he added. Silas smirked and looked at Bear, "Hey, Bear – come here boy – wake up, Bear." He called out to the dog and clapped his hands that woke the dog up. He wiggled his butt when he saw Silas and Maria and growled when he saw Marcus. Marcus rolled his eyes, "Very mature, Silas." He told his brother flatly. "I will see you at dinner, Maria." He told her to which she smiled. Bear barked at Marcus. Marcus looks at him, "Yeah – well, nice to see you too," he said unequivocally to the dog before he walked away.

Elizabeth was in the shower when she missed a video call from Leo. She remembers the first time, she talked to him after coming back to New York – she cried. Elizabeth never thought that she would get used to him in just two days – maybe it was the loneliness that drove her so close to him. Since that day, they talk daily. When she came out of the washroom and checked her phone – she didn't think twice before she called him back. With her hair still wet from the shower – tiny droplets of water on her skin, she appeared on Leo's phone as he answered. Leo, who looked tired – probably from the long shift at the hospital as he was still in his scrub, looked at Elizabeth and sighed softly before a soft yet genuine smile stretched on his lips, "Hey," he greeted softly – his voice held so much restfulness when he talked to her.

Marcus drove back to his place – as soon as he stepped inside his apartment – he was welcomed by Kathie's laughter following Franklin chuckling. "Again, pops! Again!" Kathie yelled and jumped. With a grin on his face, he saw Franklin lifting Kathie in causing her to shriek and laugh again. Marcus softly shook his head, "Kathie, be nice to pops." His voice made Franklin and Kathie look at him. "Dad!" Kathie called out before she ran and hugged Marcus's legs. Marcus gladly lifted his daughter in his arms before he looked at Franklin and smiled, "How are you doing, Frank?" He asked.

Marcus never thought that Franklin would become such an important part of his family. With Charlotte's real father still in prison, Franklin has been there for Charlie like his own father. Charlie did tell Marcus that Franklin has been more fatherly to her than she owns – whom she discovered not long ago. Franklin smiled, "Still alive and healthy," Franklin replied with a smile. Kathie kissed Marcus on his cheek, "Dad, I am going to play with pops," she said. Although Kathie has never been too close to Franklin, since the birth of his second child – Franklin has been around more and Kathie has developed a very special bond with him. Franklin treats her like his own grandchild and it always fills Marcus's heart with joy. Franklin is truly a gem.

Marcus kissed on her cheek and smiled, "Alright, but don't play pretend pony with him, okay?" Marcus said to which Kathie nodded her head. Marcus remembers how one day he came back home to see Franklin on his hands and knee and Kathie on his back – playing pretend pony with him. Marcus didn't like how she was doing that with an old man. He actually scolded Kathie – although, Franklin didn't mind he really believed that he shouldn't be doing that – especially when he was sick those days. Franklin chuckled, "Marcus, son – it is okay." He said to which Marcus shook his head, "No, Franklin. You are not allowed to do that with your health condition. And did you take your medication this morning?" he asked. A soft smile stretched on Frank's lips and he slowly nodded his head, "I did." He replied. Franklin never thought that he would feel so welcomed and loved in Marcus's house – he was truly a gentleman.

Marcus went upstairs to see two other beautiful girls in his life. He walked into his room and was welcomed with Ella lying in the middle of the bed – moving her chubby feet and chubby arms around the air. Marcus grinned – he really missed his little girl today, "Hello, Dada's little girl." Marcus cooed as he walked closer to Ella. Ella looked at her father and a big toothless smile stretched on her face as soon as she saw her father. A soft shriek left her mouth as Marcus picked her daughter in his arms. He placed a loud kiss on her chubby cheek, "I love you so much," Marcus sing-song to her while he moved her back and forth. Ella curled her tiny hand in a fist and placed it on Marcus's cheek. Her neck was still wobbly so, Marcus put his hand on her nape.

Marcus noticed that the bathroom door was opened so, he walked in with Ella in his arm to see Charlie brushing her hair. Charlie looked at Marcus and smiled, "I heard you coming in," She told him as she placed the hairbrush down. Marcus loved the new look Charlie got – her hair was cut short in a bob cut. She had dyed her hair as well while starting to wear more stylish clothes even when she is at home and– she lost weight. Marcus knows that she was doing it to make her feel good about herself – he believed that she was overdoing it – especially the weight loss thing. Marcus sees her eating less day after day and he is worried about her health. Marcus smiled and put his hand around her shoulder and brought her closer before placing a kiss on her head, "You are so damn beautiful," he mumbled to her.

Charlie smashed her lips together as she smiled and looked down. Marcus tugged her freshly washed and dried hair behind her ear, "I love you," he mumbled and softly placed a kiss on her lips – which Charlie gladly returned but it was cut short by a baby's squeal and a tiny hand slapping Charlie on the face. Marcus and Charlie both looked at Ella – who toothlessly smiled at her parents – proud of interrupting a sweet moment.

For the past few months, Marcus has been so busy with his work, children, and well – busy with helping Elna finding a job that it had hindered his relationship with Charlie – especially because of Elna. Even when he promised Charlie, that he will not help Elna – he broke his promise and he is afraid that she will not forgive him when the truth will come clean in front of her. For the past couple of weeks, Charlie and he have been trying to redeem their relationship but Charlie believes that Marcus is not trying as hard as she does.

He is always busy with work and when he is at home – he is either in his study working or playing with children. Charlie doesn't have a problem with him spending more time with Kathie and Ella – but sometimes she craves his attention – which she doesn't get much often – like she used to before. Marcus and Charlie walked out of the washroom, "Did she take her nap?" Marcus asked about Ella Charlie. Charlie shook her head as she cleaned up the bed, "No, I tried to put her to sleep but she was in no mood. I hope she sleeps before we leave for dinner at Maria and Silas – or else she will be cranky the rest of the evening," Charlie added. Marcus nodded his head, "Let me try," Ella always sleeps when Marcus walking with her in his arms.

Charlie turned to look at him with a smile, "That would be great – thanks!" she replied as she turned back and collected Ella's toys from her bed. Marcus smiled and was about to walk out of the room when he saw Starbucks's coffee container.

Marcus smiled, "It is good that you went out today," he told Charlie – who turned around with her eyebrows knitted together. She saw Marcus holing the empty container that she forgot to throw away and chuckled, "Oh no, I didn't go out. Your assistant brought me this when he came to take your laptop," she told him. Marcus looked at Charlie through the mirror as she went on about his new assistant, William. "He is a very nice fellow," she added. Marcus slowly nodded his head and looked down at the cup with 'Mrs. Harrison' scribbled on the cup.